• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1572 with 6" PTO

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hchant

displayname
Hugh Chant
Hi all, a 1572 followed me home last week, and I am trying to weigh my options. I have a model 450 blower and a model 451 blower. It seems that the 450 is in high demand, whereas the 451 is not. So much so, that I think I can sell the 450 for the same price as a 451 plus a new PTO! It makes me wonder why other people don't just put a new 6" PTO on.

So my question is, has anyone done this? If so what PTO did you use? I believe that the 1641 and late 2182 PTO would bolt right on and be 6".

Is there any downside to the 6"? Would it hurt to run my 50C deck 30% fast? What other deck options do I have?

Thanks

I wouldn't run the deck that fast. It will cut really well, but the spindles really howl. They aren't designed to go that fast. You would probably have to use a deck intended for a tractor with the larger PTO, or try to get a larger pulley for the deck.

Thanks Matt. I found that the 44C deck came in 2 flavours: a model 318 (with 756-3055 large double pulley for 6" PTO), and a model 358 (with 756-3007 small center pulley for 4 5/8" PTO). Oddly, a 50C was never offered with a 6" PTO tractor, but that same 756-3055 pulley would do the trick.

I don't know if that gets me any closer to making a decision about switching to the 6" PTO, but it is still an option if people keep upping the price on this 450 blower that I don't have for sale. :)

The diesel pto is unique to it there is a torque arm to hold the center part it does not mount to the engine block.Very expensive also.

Latest posts

Back