• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1572 Diesel Turbo Install

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More 1572 work Monday and Tuesday.

Buffed out the AL turbo tubing and got it all polished up nice and bright!

293026.jpg

Made some battery spacers (to keep the battery from sliding sideways) out of a plastic cutting board and replaced the ground cables.

293027.jpg

Installed a 3pt from Aaron and cleaned up some little issues on the rear of the tractor frame. Also changed out the Hytran and filter and changed the engine oil and filter.

293028.jpg

293029.jpg

293030.jpg

Found an awesome replacement for the upper radiator hose insulation at Menards. It is soft foam very similar to the original material that both sticks together at the seam, and has a heavy adhesive seal on the outside of the seam. Looks great and should work great as well. Best part is 5' of the stuff is only $5-6......cheap enough for one, but enough to do 5!!!

293031.jpg

293032.jpg

Waiting on UPS to deliver louvered panels to incorporate into the side sheets for more radiator air flow.....

293033.jpg

Steve, that is looking great!!! I know it's not an <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> but it deserves two of these:
greenthumb.gif
greenthumb.gif

Thanks for all the updates. This is exactly what I have been searching for, for my 1512. Now if I can find some head studs I'd really be set for pulling season

Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow"
I put one of Aarons hitches on my 1512 but the clips on the lower arms will fall out and get lost . I replace those clips with cotter pins . seems the chains that center the lift arms will allow it to move sideways that the tire chain will flip out a plain hairpin clip . cotter pin stays put.

Got the louvers installed in the side sheets on the 1572 yesterday....I'm very happy with the results and you can really feel the air moving out of them (especially the right side that isn't blocked by the air cleaner).

293137.jpg

293138.jpg

293139.jpg

293140.jpg

293141.jpg

Also found some 2" exhaust pipe with a 45 deg bend to replace the straight pipe......

293142.jpg

Work was suspended for today though, as Big Steve fell on the ice this AM and broke his right hip (femur at the hip joint). Surgery tomorrow AM will install some stainless steel hardware to fix him up......

Steve, looking good! Sorry to hear about Big Steve!
sad.gif
Hope and pray he has a speedy recovery!

Looking good Steve.

Maybe the doc office has some stainless bits for your project ;)

Steve,
The louvers look good. A little red paint and they'll blend right in.
Here's to a speedy recovery for your Dad.
beerchug.gif

Steve,
Did you relocate the hour meter somewhere or just get rid of it?
I like the louvers.....anything to keep that hot air moving!
I'm thinking maybe some heat wrap on the exhaust pipe that is under hood and maybe a heat shield / wrap on the oil feed line because it routes so close to the exhaust manifold. (mine looks the same)
Hope your Dad's recovery goes well.

Rick,

For now it's gone, but it may show up again near the fuel pump (I think there's room there).

I'd like to add hood bumpers made out of rubber coated adjustable "feet" to replace the firewall and help keep the hood from eating the dash panel alive.

Louvers were a $25 EPay auction (for the pair)....couldn't go wrong!!!

Thanks to all for the well wishes for dad, he had a successful surgery this morning and is recovering.

Steve,
I'm working on installing gauges on my 1512.
How on earth did you get everything stuffed in there?
As it sits, the studs on the gauges are up against the battery with the battery pushed as far as it will go forward.
Did you make new "gauge retainers"? They appear useless in this installation.
I'm tempted to make a 1/2" spacer to move the gauges closer to the operator and free up a little wiggle room under there.

Just caught the part on Big Steve,

Hope surgery went well and well pray for strong recovery

Rick the Smokers had three gauges in the dash and a 3/4' spacer plate under them I had room on my 982TD with Auto meter gauges

Rick,

It's tight, but doable as Mike states.

I had to cut almost all of the "ring" off of the retainers, leaving just a thin strip to connect the posts in order to get them to work. Dremel tool with cut off wheel "melted" through the plastic rings with enough control not to do any damage.

293250.jpg

The main harness has to be stuffed under the gauges and the ammeter wires hooked together (assuming you are axing it for another gauge type) and taped to the main harness.

I didn't have any issues with my Autometer Phantom gauges clearing the battery once the harness was re-routed and the battery tray was "tipped" forward as far as I could get it without hitting the alternator belt (using the tray mounting bolts).......it's a tight fit, but it works.

293251.jpg

I can try to get better pics soon, but not tonight, it's -10 deg and I'm not pulling everything out of the garage for a photo shoot!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Big Steve handled surgery fine and was transferred to the local nursing home for a few weeks until he can get enough strength back to deal with moving around without putting any weight on his right leg. He looked really good today and is hopeful for a quick recovery so he can get back home.

Looking Fantstic Steve!!!
happy.gif
AND we'll be keeping your Dad in our thoughts and prayers.

Thanks guys,
I had not realized that the battery tray would tip, I'm a newbie at wrenching on 82 series. And of course I would jump in and go whole hog immediatley!
Steve, you guessed right on ditching the ammeter. I did end up with the Autometer Phantom gauges. Good deal, I will actually have to be patient and make a few adjustments.
I still might stop by Wallyworld and see if they have any black cutting boards for a gauge spacer.
If it looks like a$$ at least there are options.

If you space them out you will have to loose the retainer rings, they are trimable, but I maxed them out with the std spacer, adding more will require a different approach.

More work on the 1572 this weekend.

Shot some primer on the side sheet louvers, just to see how bad my sheet metal welding was.

I was surprised how well they ended up, before any body work at all.....a little spot putty and I'm "in"!!!!

293654.jpg

293655.jpg

Latest posts

Back