• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1572 Diesel Turbo Install

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sblunier

displayname
Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
Does anyone know what metric thread size is used for the oil pressure sending unit (right side of block) and water temp sending unit (top of head, above flywheel) on a Kubota D600?

I need to get the metric to NPT adapters for these ports to install turbo oil pressure lines and a new temp gauge. I could just "will fit" the closest NPT, but the Auto Meter adapters are available to make them work correctly, I just don't want to tear everything apart before ordering the gauges and lines.

Thanks in advance.

i dont know the thread sizes but i would like to see how it goes installing the turbo thanks

Steve, the oil pressure fitting should be 1/8" female pipe. The port in the top of the head is metric, but we have always just ran a 1/8" pipe tap in the hole to rethread it to 1/8" pipe. Brass fittings usually thread into both locations with no modification in our applications and equipment at work.

I'd throw some probablies and could be's at you on the thread sizes but I'll refrain. There are plenty of adapters for metric to -AN- and others. I tend to refrain from altering castings.

In other news, I'm knee deep in rebuilding a turbo for my 1512. Can't let all the turbo-diesels reside in Illinois.
How thick is the manifold adapter plate that you are using and are the holes counter-sunk for cap screws for the Kubota pattern?
Picture would be great, but I understand if you don't want to post it. This seems to be an informal copy right area from my previous inquiries.
If not, I'll fiqure it out.

The problem with using adapters, especially with the coolant temp sensor is that the adapter put the sender above the coolant flow, causing a "cold" pocket around the sensor creating a delay in the correct reading on the gauge. The main cause of cracked Kubota cylinder heads is repeated overheats. Most crack between the exhaust valve seat and the injector pre-chamber, large enough to see with the naked eye. Same with the oil fitting, an adapter creates a restriction, you need as much oil flow to the turbo as possible, as it cools in addition to lubricates. The return line from the turbo should be at least twice the size as the feed line. Engines in our units come from the factory with a 1/8" brass pipe fitting thread into the block for an oil pressure sensor (no turbo equipped units yet, but with CARB standards it is probably in the future) I've rethreaded many cylinder heads for 1/8" coolant senders with 0 problems. It is so close to 1/8" pipe that the tap threads in very easily. I would not be afraid to rethread either location to 1/8" on any of my engines. I work on these daily, anything from Z482's to V2203 tier 4 finals. We sell 5 to 8 hundred new units per year at our location.

Rick you need one of these
292695.jpg

Hey...those look just like the drawings in my head!
Looks like the Smarty manifold gets the Sawsall treatment on one end.

Jeff,
Don's just setting off fireworks again.
lol.gif

I think Charlie used the "easy button".

Mike,
Nice job on the adapter plates.

I had a good morning....and UPS brought some nice gauges too........

292761.jpg

292762.jpg

292763.jpg

292764.jpg

292765.jpg

Had to quit to go to daughters basketball game and a family Christmas. With another 1/2 hour of work, the oil return line will be installed and it will be safe to start again........

Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)

you got some drilling and threading going on . It will be some time till you can use it . can`t Waite till all my parts arrive here so I can When I want to.

It's been 100% bolt on so far.....Mike's kits are very nice to work with!

Make sure you prime the turbo with some oil or Lucas oil treatment before start up.
Some guys hold the impeller for the initial start up on a fresh turbo until the oil is flowing.
That's kind of hard to do on this itty bitty thing.

Where does the oil return line go to?

Cam cover, under pump. Already primed some, will do more with return line.

Return line is 1/2'' fuel hose to the fuel pump blockoff plate drill a hole and put a brass hose barb in the plate ,tee the oil off the sending unit it is British pipe

Back