• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1572 Diesel Turbo Install

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang, that's nice Steve! Great work as usual!
thumbsup.gif

Art,

Given my sheet metal working skills, I was very pleased with the louvers.....
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

It had "hub caps" added today......

298638.jpg

298639.jpg

2 sets of IH weights and a set of 10" diameter 3" thick solid steel "starter weights". Should be good for 200-250# of dry weight.

I'll add 9-10 gallons of washer fluid to each tire some time this fall.

Steve, awesome job on the Turbo Diesel and the back yard!
thumbsup.gif

Steve,
Looks like a busy summer at your place.
I hope my wife does not see your patio....or I will be in for an upgrade!

Has to be a relief to get all those details done on the tractor, LOOKS GREAT!
Man, their going to have to rewrite the Cub Cadet books with all the new models that we come up with!

Steve,
I've got a 882 into a 782D conversion coming up in my future and was wondering what type/brand of paint that you used for the red parts? Looks like they glossed up nice.
I painted an Farmall H a couple years ago with single stage urethane enamel and I am not sure if I wanted to go that route again. I will say it dries fast and is durable but, it's a little on the expensive side. Just curious.

IH Iron guard acrylic enamel with Napa medium reducer and super wet look acrylic enamel hardner,

Had the Super 782DT out in the field at the Penfield, IL show this weekend......had a good time plowing in wheat stubble with the 2 bottom plow. Saw 210 deg on the temp gauge after a few passes (but cooled right back down with load off) and as high as 12 psi of boost if I hit it very hard! 8-10 psi was a good steady load. Had a light haze of smoke at 8-9 psi boost and a nice dark burp of black if I got into it harder....I figure the pump is set about right. Very pleased with performance!.....and there is no paint left on the turbo!

Drew a nice crowd of spectators out in the field (one guy asked me if it was a Detroit diesel
happy.gif
.....said he loved the sound under load...)

306526.jpg

306527.jpg

306528.jpg

306529.jpg

306530.jpg

Mom took about 50 pics, picked a few to share...

It sure looks great Steve in the pics but even better in person! That wheat ground with a decent soil makes for about the best ground to plow. Looks like you had a ton of fun, wish I could've been there...

Glad you got a chance to put a load on it and play! Much better than collecting dust.
Shift.gif

Has more low end torque. My 782D has a turbo but I have never used it to cut grass. It is a trailer queen and it is for sale.

Back