• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1572 Diesel Turbo Install

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave,
Try searching IH-61176-C92. Another smoker owner came up with that as a direct replacement and he says it works great. I haven't had to replace one yet. If ya google that part no., they pop up on the auction site and at other places.......

OK! got the pulley thing resolved
Now, anyone have an Idea about a suitable replacement for the nice fat thick foam cushioning mat'l the mounts the fuel tank in these???

All I have ben able to come up with is the thin weatherstrip type stuff so far. The fat stuff has got to be available somewhere I would think. Already tried McMaster Carr w/no luck. Should be the same as the foam between the firewall and fan shroud on many models as well. It seems to be about an inch thick and just as wide if not a little more.

Dave,
I used high density packaging foam that came with a car-parts order.
It's better than original, does not soak up diesel or Hytran....and It's FREE!
I used weather strip adhesive to place it.

I have extra it you need it.

Sounds great, Rick...
Save me a couple chunks of it, OK??
Re built the steering box yesterday and added the Kirk bearing mod.
No sign of rust or corrosion but was it ever dry!!! the wheel came right off in my hands with no hassle, unreal!!

Water pump on my 1572 Turbo went south today.....locked up and chirped the belt good.

Looks like $125 plus some new antifreeze is in order.......but at least I'll know it's a new water pump, cooling to max potential!!!!!

New water pump on the way .... need a 1" lower radiator hose heater too.....might as well install it while it's drained.....

Steve,
If you look at my thread in this forum about radiator hoses (Part #'s 345-3019 and 345-3020) for my 1512D, (https://www.ihcubcadet.com/forum/messages/22774/297234.html?1434974365) you will see that they do not make the radiator hoses anymore. It appears your 1572 uses the same hoses as my 1512. There was a great suggestion about a flexible radiator hose that may work for the lower hose. I haven't had time to make a measurement on my 1512 to determine the proper ID and length needed, so I can't be much help yet, but as soon as I get the information, I will share it.

Since you are already into fixing your 1572, if you have a chance to get those measurements, I would appreciate them. I just haven't had time to get under my unit.

Also, where did you find the water pump for ~$125? The lowest price I have found is around $180. I'm sure my dealer will charge even more than that.

Edit: I just reread your post and realized you may not need a lower radiator hose, but a heater for that hose. My Bad. I believe at one point, I had a heater in the hose, but my dealer installed a block heater instead. They thought it was a better solution. BUT... If you can get those radiator hose measurements, I would be eternally grateful.

Hope that helps a little.

The Other Steve

Kubota brand water pumps are all over epay in the $125-$140 range.

I get my parts at cost +10% from the IH dealer dad works at. He has found that the best place to source Kubota D600 parts is through GrassHopper, NOT Cub Cadet. GrassHopper used the D600 in it's zero turns and their mark-ups are much lower than MTD. Mine will end up costing $89+ shipping & tax.

Sources a heater, 1" Zero Start for the lower hose for $27 plus shipping on line. I doubt I will have the lower hose all the way off to measure, just the rear portion, but if I can help I will.

Worst part is that I will have to "undo" all of my new new glow plug wiring to get the battery tray off to service the pump.......

I guess I'm pretty lucky since my CC dealer is also a Kubota dealer. Marty, my go to parts guy also prices out both for me. Needed a new ignition switch for the 1512. Through CC it was around $65. From Kubota, $29. Betcha can guess which one I picked.........
err.gif

MY CC dealer is also a Kubota dealer, so I think they try to get me the better prices, but I wish I had known about the Water Pumps Steve referenced before my dealer ordered one for me. As good as they have been to me, I don't think they would appreciate me bringing in parts I bought elsewhere. I couldn't do that to them for all they have done for me in the past 18 years or so with my 1512.

Final pics of 1572 now officially dubbed "Super 782DT"

298591.jpg

298592.jpg

298593.jpg

298594.jpg

Laid down some paint on the frame (semi gloss black) and tins of the 1572 this week....

298596.jpg

298597.jpg

298598.jpg

After being pulled off the 1572 project for most of the summer to build a new patio and fire pit in the backyard....

298600.jpg

298601.jpg

I finally found some time to get back to it....hopefully to have it ready for the Half Century of Progress show in Rantoul, IL the end of Aug.

Steve! Really nice work!
drool.gif

Makes me REALLY want to get back to working on my 982 now.
clappy.gif

I can hear the whistle from here! Awesome job on both projects!

I really love a good lookin' red cub. Top notch work as usual.

So why did you name it a 782DT and not a 982DT? It's on a super frame with all the amenities...

Is it cause you all ready have a 982D turbo?

782D is the only "red tractor" decal set that comes with all of the diesel decals. Didn't want to pay for 2 sets, or have to pay my decal guy to make up a full set of hood stripes ("Turbo" and "Super" was pricey enough
happy.gif
)

Since it's a 600cc engine like the 782D and on a SGT frame......Super 782DT sounded right.

Mike M. already has a 982DT.........and STD just sounded BAD.....sooooooo......
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Great looking rig Steve!

Nice paint work, and whoever did the louvers on the side panels has nice attention to detail! (Perfectly straight)

Rear Hyd outlets.. Mmmmm...
beerchug.gif

Latest posts

Back