• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've come across a 1541 with a reasonable price. I usually look for older models, but this has caught my eye. I know very little about these models and was wondering if they have much value. Also it doesn't have a deck so what are the chances I'd be able to find one?

Everything is worth something. I'm told the 15 hp kohler is the same engine as the 18 but de tuned a bit via a different carb. Good engine imo. Same frame as the rest of the 82/cyclops so a good base for a project. As far as worth....I prefer an 18h with power steering so.....unless it's a donor machine at REALLY good price they don't trip my trigger. They would be worth what ever any non power steering cyclops in similar shape are going for in your area I suppose? Depends on what front axle it has as to what deck will fit. A lot of the decks from cyclops / 82 series should work on it.

Question for the rest of the group. Did the 1541 ever get the tall spindle forward swept axle?

In my area I would say $500 to $700 with no deck would be plenty generous but above my comfort level. But I could be off a bit.

The 1990 1541 uses the 759-3549-0637 front axle beam assembly. The 82 series used 759-3270-0637 front axle beam assembly. The 1996 1641 uses the 719-3100-0637 front axle beam assembly.

IIRC, there are two different super steer axles. One of them has a higher mounting point of the center pin which raises the front of the tractor 2". The higher of the two is the 3100 axle.

As for the 15 HP Magnum flat twin. It is one in the same as the Magnum 18 except for the restrictive carburetor.

Back