• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1512 Turbo plow tractor project

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rick,

Hope that fixes it!!!! I will second Jim's knowledge of the small diesels...I had the honor of driving one of his diesel pullers down our improvised pulling track at an early Blunier plow day......big smiles
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
He knows how to build them!

OK, I might rename this thread the "Cub Prayer Room".
I installed the hardened washers and retorqued the head.
I borrowed a MAC cooling system pressure testor, and currently have the system HOLDING @ 17 psi.
(FYI I couldn't make it achieve ANY pressure before)
I will look for leaks when I get brave, later or in the morning.

Rick, I certainly hope that this will prove to be THE fix for you. I admire your patience and sticktoitness. Hoping for great results.

Jim,
Former Infantryman. I do not recognize the word quit.
Smash, break and cuss....different story.

One hour, holding and no leaks.
303860.jpg

The head gasket on my 782D has always seeped a tiny bit...I may have to give this a try next time I'm back in IL.

Rick, this is great news! Hopefully the diesel will stay alive.
thumbsup.gif

Jim,
thumbsup.gif

Matt,
wave.gif

Kraig, indeed the best news I've had in awhile with this beast!

Matt,
This one had a slight seep also before the rebuild.
It's a little bit of a pain but I can retorque pretty fast by now.
(And Jims washer trick is certainly worth the effort it seems)

There are a couple obstacles in the way of the head bolts.
Upper radiator hose: remove @ radiator end to give you some work room. (Drain down the radiator a pint or so first)
Glow plug wires: remove
Rocket arm shaft: remove ( time to set valves anyway, right?)
You my want to replace your valve cover seal.

I pumped it up this morning before work for a 12 hour test. In any case, it has gone from NOT holding any pressure to 17 psi test with 1/2 psi loss in 2 hrs; no visible drips.
If all goes well, I'll run it tonight and do FINAL torque.

Just called home to have my son look at the gauge reading.....I couldn't wait another minute.
Total drop of less than 1psi in 11 hours.
Gauge reading started 17.5 and now 17 psi!
Tonight , we light it up and see what develops.

I might make it to AJ's with this thing yet!

Rick, Steve and Kraig, thank you for the kind words. In my old line of work it was important to find the origin of problems and offer a satisfactory solution. I learned long ago that helping others has so many rewards for me. I appreciate being able to help others as I can.
thumbsup.gif

Jim,
That's my OTHER 1512 for sale. I bought it as a back up plan.
It did work out! I am so very thankful that you took the time to lend the advice. It does not leak a drop.
I need to get it hooked to a plow for a couple hours of break in time.
It will make the show at AJ's weather permitting.

Rick, better not count on much plowing at AJ's as they have very limited space and you will be lucky to get 3 or 4 rounds.

There were a lot of folks wanting to plow 2 years ago, and it was all done in about 30 minutes.

Dave,
I was not planning on plowing. I'm going to enjoy myself.
I'll work it .....without an audience.

304147.jpg

Rick, I am so happy that it is up and running!! Those little diesels were great tractors. I'd bet that CCC sold many more than they originally thought too. Glad you cleared up my misunderstanding the other 1512 that I thought was it. Good luck and happy Cubbing!

That's fantastic Rick! I'm glad to hear it's going again, can't wait to see in action in person!

Rick,

After drooling over the pics and video of your Turbo plow tractor with the Kenda Executioner rear tires, I just had to have a set.

Garden tractor pulling club is allowing the use of ATV tires. A lot of times the track is soft or loose dirt. Going to give these a try. If they don't work out, oh well. I will find a different use for them.

I decided to leave my winning pulling tractor as is and throw together another one just for these tires. Its a work in progress...

I will post more pics of it over in the pulling section, where I know this belongs, when it is near completed.

305989.jpg

Kirk,

Hey hey, I like the round fenders with those meats.
Damn good tire for the money in my opinion, especially when you can (almost) buy 4 for the price of 2 firstones.

Rick,
I'm here to report that the Kenda Executioner tires did very well at their first garden tractor pull. Scored a 3rd place win out of 10 tractors in the stock 10hp class. They even out-pulled my other stock 10hp tractor with the sharpened 26-12-12 Firestones!

Only thing I noticed is one tire slipped a couple inches on the rim. Ran them at 5psi. I do remember one of the tires was harder to seat the beads on than the other when mounting them. Could be a slight difference in the rims.

They were biting hard--you could see it wrinkling the sidewalls.

All eyes were on those tires!

Back