• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

14th Annual Red Power Roundup, June 26, 27 & 28, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone in or near Bloomsburg Pa can help me out with some directions I'd appreciate it. We'll be coming up I-81 from Washington D.C. so if someone could just get us to a gate at the Bloomsburg fairgrounds that would be helpful. I looked at the Red Power website and didn't see any directions. Please email me directly at [email protected]. Thanks!

Had a good trip to Bloomsburg yesterday with Dave D. and Joe Rice.
Here is the fliers that they are posting. I had to scan it in sections.
9391.jpg

9392.jpg

I was traveling East and here is what I saw. The first sign to mentiomn Bloomsburg was at mile 209. Here is the sign at Buckhorn(exit for Route 42). These two signs should appear traveling east or west.
9393.jpg

9394.jpg

There is construction at this interchange but it was going north but that is where the motels and food places are loctated.
You will come to Rt 42 and go right
9395.jpg

to the fairgrounds and about a mile you must stay left anf go around the clovereaf(you will see the fairgrounds and come to this main entrance.
9396.jpg
They have a hugh parking lot for cars(visitors) and a place trucks and trailer unloading(temp unloading docks are being built). Here is the lot beyond this gate
9397.jpg

9398.jpg

This is where the Cub Corral will be located. Dave D. has use of this building and would like all forum members to let us know you are here and we can let you know what people are here. It will be a good place to meet other members and non members.
9399.jpg

9400.jpg

You will be allowed to drive your Cub Cadets around and the will also be golf cart rentals. They seem to have a good security system in place.
The gates will open at 8AM for the public but exibitors can get in earlier. The equipment parade will be every day at 10 AM. For people like me this is a welcome sight. Primitive Camping is $10 a night.
9401.jpg

we get enough people interested we can do tractor games with Cubs. I will try to answer questions but I don't want to give out mis-information.
Looks like its going to be a good show as they had a good turn out for their meeting.

The IH Registry pre-registration hasn't been working but Dave D. said it is working now.

Did you get my 2 registrations today?

<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">Pre-register your cub here. The link hasn't been working.</font></font>

<font color="000000">http://www.ihregistry.com/rpru.htm

The only ones pre-registered are Scott Cross and Tom Peters</font>

WM DeTurck "Just realized WM is M&W reversed "original geezer" and still looking for M&W" -----Hey Bill, Where he heck is Bloomburg, PA? Just tell me the part of PA! How far is it from Traer, Iowa? I enjoyed Red Power Rooundup last year at Mt. Pleasant, IA last year! Should I try to finish my CC108 before this event or should I try to finish my 1974 jd140H3?
happy.gif
Can't wait for your answer!!!
happy.gif

(Message edited by jlang on June 12, 2003)

Greased the trailer and pressure washed it with the off topic Cub Cadet pressure washer. All ready to go, except for packing!

William,

About how far is it into PA from the Ohio border, I was told the grounds are only about 2 miles off the Toll Road. It sounds like we will be on the toll road basicly the whole way from IN with no stop lights. Hope there is not much road construction. I guess we are not leaving till around 3AM Thur. So hope to be there by the middle of the afternoon.

Steve & Scott.: It sounds like you are taking I-80(toll road) which will become I-76 at Youngstown, OH but you get off an keep following I-80 to Bloomsburg(232 miles in PA). Here is a better way but you will have trafic lights till you get to Akron, OH. Get on US 30 and when you get to Mansfield, OH take I-71 North to Akron, OH and stay on the south by pass-around Akron and hit I-76 and follow east till junction of I-80. This way has a few trafic lights but no TOlls. I traveled from my place to yours on US 30 and the bad road are east of Akron. Hope that helps. There is one construction site about 50 miles W. of Bloomsburg and there is construction at Rt 42(north side) and I-80 interchange. The motels apperar to be in that area.

If anyone would like a particular shirt or hat with your favorite IH Cub Cadet tractor or original hood logo on it let us know. We're running shirts and hats right up to Tuesday the 24th.

You'll be able to save on shipping as we can bring it with us.

See you there!

William,

Thanks for the info, it sounds like that might be the better way to go. My brother just told me last night that he cant get off work to come, So hopefully we can make some adjustments and still be able to come.

Hey guys... just came back from coolspring's show in PA today... stoped at bloomsburg on the way by to check it out/drop off stuff... turns out we had left early from coolspring and noone was there today so we took everything home but anyhow heres some pics.... this place is HUGE
9808.jpg

9809.jpg

its so big they have steet signs on grounds!!!
9810.jpg

this is what greets you at the entrance... at least one of the entrances
9811.jpg

its only about 1 or 2 miles off the exit... really easy to find. its exit 232 off I-80... 232 miles from Ohio and about 35 miles from I-81
took us about 3 1/2 hrs from where we are in ct.. hartford area going out I-84 to wilkes-barre and headin down I-81 about 40 min to pick up I-80. grounds were dry today... reasonably but they still have some rain commin i think it will be ok but im not sure.
Commin from ohio just bear to the right off the ram and take rt 11 on the left.. this is a 270 ramp and you can see the fairgrounds from the top you go back under the highway and your there.... im not sure what entrance were using but i think its the first one.... deturick can shed more lite.
from I-80 direction take a left off the ramp and follow same as above... all the bustle is north of the highway.... i know im repeating some stuff but thats ok.

dave c

Done just in time for RPR! Here's the front.
your_image.gif

Here's the back.
your_image.gif

And a free tshirt and 25% off next purchase coupon for folks buying $30.00 or more of our stuff!
your_image.gif

Done just in time for RPR! Here's the front.
9828.jpg

Here's the back.
9829.jpg

And a free tshirt and 25% off next purchase coupon for folks buying $30.00 or more of our stuff!
9830.jpg

Come on guys!! There has to be more than 4-5 pix of the RPRU.

Back