• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

14hs 321a is to tight

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that feeling is sooooo sweet isnt it... almost like a drug.. you want more of it...
looking good for sure...
and its next morning time of this post.. hahhaha
hows she running ?? come on now ... tell us ..

Ken,

I hope he’s having too much fun to stop and post for the rest of us. And you are so right about that feeling!

Actually I've been mowing. I did however get the starter and gas tank back on. When I tried starting it it cranked over and sounded like it wanted to start and then I saw I big flame shoot out the carb...any suggestions?

Open the points up some if you need the knock back. Flat heads are fussy about timing . Most of mine are knock free with less than 0.020" of point gap. I would run it above idle so as to splash all your new parts well.

lil hint.. grab one of them stamped alum pans from dollar store.. so its nice and clean..
after about hour of run time.. drain oil.. u might see some silver in oil . but you know eyeball it if good toss oil put new in.. its a way to keep eye on if its goin to go or not sooner then later. i myself do 3 oil changes more time between each. hour on 1st .. 4 to 6 on 2nd and depending on what iam doing tilling or mowing or plowing on the 3rd and then normal from there. just me tho ..

but awsome to hear u got it.. now a video lol .. so we all can get our fix on lol

0501211853a_Film1.jpg
She's coming together now that the engines running and back in!

Robert glad to read you have it running . So somebody put in the wrong size rod so the crank would not rotate when the rod was torqued ?

Yes but that rod came off that crank,and that motor ran (with a bad knock). All I can figure is that whoever rebuilt that other motor never torqued it to specs,just tightened it enough so it would rotate,that's all I can think of.

Robert - NICE, so glad she's running and you're getting her back together.:greenthumb:

While putting shields and guards back on look what I came across which has to be slid over the hydro shaft before the motor goes back in...ugh!#! I'm the same guy who put his grill back on only to take it back off because I didn't put the pto link on first LOL!!!
0506211546_Film1.jpg

Back