• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

149 With Spreader

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgunn

displayname
David W Gunn
This is my first posting even though being a Cub 149 owner for almost 40 years. With winter coming thought I'd post a pic of a Swisher spreader that I mounted on one of my 149s a couple of years ago. The hopper works fine as long as the materials are dry and non-clumping. Pelletized materials work best.
IH Cub Cadet 149 with Spreader.jpg

Hello David. Good to see you here - Welcome Aboard.

Interesting piece of equipment. Is the impeller electric motor driven? I'm assuming it is.

Hello David. Good to see you here - Welcome Aboard.

Interesting piece of equipment. Is the impeller electric motor driven? I'm assuming it is.
Yes, it does have a 12 volt electric motor powered impeller. It spins pretty fast and will raise a dust cloud behind when spreading light materials. That's why pelletized or granular materials works best.

This is my first posting even though being a Cub 149 owner for almost 40 years. With winter coming thought I'd post a pic of a Swisher spreader that I mounted on one of my 149s a couple of years ago. The hopper works fine as long as the materials are dry and non-clumping. Pelletized materials work best. View attachment 135948
Looks nice. I'm in the process of restoring a 149. Where are you located? AZ here.

Looks nice. I'm in the process of restoring a 149. Where are you located? AZ here.
I'm in Southwestern MA. We get a fair amount of ice and snow here. Good luck with your rebuild. 149s are great machines but then i'm a little biased.

Back