• If you're having trouble logging into your account , you can Reset Password
Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

149 With Spreader

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

dgunn

displayname
David W Gunn
This is my first posting even though being a Cub 149 owner for almost 40 years. With winter coming thought I'd post a pic of a Swisher spreader that I mounted on one of my 149s a couple of years ago. The hopper works fine as long as the materials are dry and non-clumping. Pelletized materials work best.
IH Cub Cadet 149 with Spreader.jpg

mfrade

displayname
Mike Frade
Hello David. Good to see you here - Welcome Aboard.

Interesting piece of equipment. Is the impeller electric motor driven? I'm assuming it is.

dgunn

displayname
David W Gunn
Hello David. Good to see you here - Welcome Aboard.

Interesting piece of equipment. Is the impeller electric motor driven? I'm assuming it is.
Yes, it does have a 12 volt electric motor powered impeller. It spins pretty fast and will raise a dust cloud behind when spreading light materials. That's why pelletized or granular materials works best.

drichard

displayname
Don Richard
This is my first posting even though being a Cub 149 owner for almost 40 years. With winter coming thought I'd post a pic of a Swisher spreader that I mounted on one of my 149s a couple of years ago. The hopper works fine as long as the materials are dry and non-clumping. Pelletized materials work best. View attachment 135948
Looks nice. I'm in the process of restoring a 149. Where are you located? AZ here.

dgunn

displayname
David W Gunn
Looks nice. I'm in the process of restoring a 149. Where are you located? AZ here.
I'm in Southwestern MA. We get a fair amount of ice and snow here. Good luck with your rebuild. 149s are great machines but then i'm a little biased.

drichard

displayname
Don Richard
I'm in Southwestern MA. We get a fair amount of ice and snow here. Good luck with your rebuild. 149s are great machines but then i'm a little biased.
I'm originally from MA.

Latest posts