• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

149 wideframe Valve mounting plate

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeaston

displayname
Jeff Easton
While going over the 149 and doing some repairs I found the two studs on the hydraulic valve mounting plate sheared off. These are the studs the valve assembly bolts to, and the plate in turn bolts to the side of the dash tower. Turns out the IH parts manual doesnt even have a part number for the plate, listing it as NLA in my book. Does anyone one have an older book that might have a p/n? With a part number I might be able to do a better search on ebay.
I assume these are scarce as anyone that wanted to upgrade to a hydraulic lift would have snatched these up long ago. Short of trying to get a local welder to weld on some bolts, is there any other way to remount the valve? It looks like the quite lines relocated the valve to the steering column but that would be a messy change with new hard lines, handle actuator, etc.

-Jeff

Jeff, I can check my parts manual when I get home from work this evening and see if the part number is listed. I assume you mean this part:

Plate.jpg

Correct. Mine now looks like this.

149ValveMtgPlate.jpg

Thanks Kraig for the offer of checking on the p/n. I decided to run up to a local fab-n-weld shop that opened up recently. They will have new threaded rods welded up for me by tomorrow morning. Cant beat that.

Nice! Good thing, as my parts book only goes up to the 147. :(

Back