• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

149 tractor. Cousin of Sad 782.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkoenig

In Remembrance 2023
displayname
Jim Koenig Halfway between Harvester, MO and Cadet, MO
One grew to two today. The herd is growing. I picked up a 149 with mower deck and dozer blade. This will be a work tractor for a son and his buddy. Mine, but not. It needs a few things. It comes with a few rare options too. 1st.day.1.forum.jpg1st.day.2.forum.jpg149.ID.Plate.forum.jpg149.seat.track.forum.jpg

It has the coveted seat track, and the lever locking speed control handle.

I haven't gotten too far into it, but it needs thtrottle cable or linkage adjustment. It seems to only go up to about 2800 rpm. I'll have to get out my vibra-tach.

How does the speed control handle fasten? Is it splined with a set screw?

I think the P.O. was using it to tend his mutant chigger ranch. I began itching one mile down the road after loading it up. I blame the walk through the grass to the shed with the dozer blade. I am still itching after working all day, sweating up a storm, and taking a shower.

I haven't seen a locking speed control handle but the standard handle is splined and has a set screw to hold it on. This sometimes can be major problem to remove without damage.

Latest posts

Back