Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

149 tractor. Cousin of Sad 782.

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

jkoenig

displayname
Jim Koenig Halfway between Harvester, MO and Cadet, MO
One grew to two today. The herd is growing. I picked up a 149 with mower deck and dozer blade. This will be a work tractor for a son and his buddy. Mine, but not. It needs a few things. It comes with a few rare options too.1st.day.1.forum.jpg1st.day.2.forum.jpg149.ID.Plate.forum.jpg149.seat.track.forum.jpg

It has the coveted seat track, and the lever locking speed control handle.

jkoenig

displayname
Jim Koenig Halfway between Harvester, MO and Cadet, MO
I haven't gotten too far into it, but it needs thtrottle cable or linkage adjustment. It seems to only go up to about 2800 rpm. I'll have to get out my vibra-tach.

How does the speed control handle fasten? Is it splined with a set screw?

I think the P.O. was using it to tend his mutant chigger ranch. I began itching one mile down the road after loading it up. I blame the walk through the grass to the shed with the dozer blade. I am still itching after working all day, sweating up a storm, and taking a shower.

wh cc guy

I haven't seen a locking speed control handle but the standard handle is splined and has a set screw to hold it on. This sometimes can be major problem to remove without damage.