• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

149 Taillight Lenses

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgunn

displayname
David W Gunn
I've got one of those rare 149s that still has working rectangular rear taillight covers. I haven't been able to find replacement lenses for a long time for my other 149. Anybody know of anyone with old stock or newly manufactured replacements?

Attachments

• 20200209_170658.jpg
    20200209_170658.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 507
I've got one of those rare 149s that still has working rectangular rear taillight covers. I haven't been able to find replacement lenses for a long time for my other 149. Anybody know of anyone with old stock or newly manufactured replacements?
They are out there, but your gonna pay $40.00 to 50 each for'um. I've got amber for $20.00 Set

Wow. I should take them off and save or sell them for a show tractor.

Yeah, kinda scary. I've lost, and gone searching my lawn, several times for one of mine that got knocked off on the lilac bushes or evergreens. Slight damage on base, so falls off easily now. :oops: I'm going to clip on some LED units inside the cover and hot-melt glue it on. In the meantime, the LED units will reduce the electrical draw. I did the same for the headlights - complete replacement headlight mounting panel with LED's, LOTS more light, way less current draw. That way, if I ever want to do a full resto, I haven't messed it up, and can go back easily. (really need to make a variable-voltage power supply, so I can properly adjust the regulator). Crazy question, is/was there any other equipment of the era that used the same tail lights?

Hi,
Check these out, they are as close as you will ever find,
Peterson V2546R
I appreciate the suggestion but they are too small. They measure 1x1x2 whereas the originals are 3/4x2x4.

Don't waste your time folks! Here's the end result of my last 3 orders with these goofs! Even if you call before going online to place an order, you still get this the next day! They are a real joke!

Hi Cub Cadet

An order you recently placed on our website has had its status changed.

The status of order #12762 is now Refunded

I bought mine about 4 years ago online but can not remember where, i also bought 4 of them at that time and have 2 in the package for spares as I will be keeping my 149.
I see a lot of places show no longer available or out of stock, may have quit making them, I really hope you receive the correct item.
Good Luck

Well I got a phone call a few minutes ago from Trailers Unlimited. They didn't have any of the lenses in stock and they have been discontinued by Peterson. So the search continues.

Check out Levine Auto and Light Trucking. I called and they said they had 15 in stock. I bought 4 so there should be 11 up for grabs. With the shipping the lot of four are costing me $24.87. I'm happy.

I'm confused my 129 has those tail lights thought they were after market, my 108 has different ones with IH in lense?

Original Cub Cadet tail lights and lenses are no longer available. Peterson marketed a red side light that fit the original light base for the Cubs. Peterson has discontinued it so all that is available now is left over stock in the hands of some of the retailers.

The one thing that is bad about those are there is no reflector incorporated in the lens prism.

Back