• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

149 mower deck

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Everettlee

IHCC Supporter
The deck on my 149 has the left side 2-3” lower than the right
I have looked at the deck and support and found no issues
I believe the roll pin is at fault, I have tried to push it in with a pry bar but no luck
Any advise?

Attachments

• 3B6B5A67-258E-4A6D-A673-E73B6948386E.jpeg
    3B6B5A67-258E-4A6D-A673-E73B6948386E.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 3
Rock shaft may be twisted or bent.
One of the two lift arms may be bent or sprung.
The whole damn deck may be sprung as well.
Hard telling what P.O's may have run into in 45 years
That big a difference should be obvious as to what the issue is.
I'd pull the deck and give everything a close eye inspection after a thorough wash job.

Get a pin punch set and a hammer and go to work on it.
NOT a fun job by any means
You will have to get the lift arm with the issue in the right position so the holes line up to drive the pin out if that's what the issue is.
Once you get it stated out the other side, follow it up with a new one and keep driving what's left of the old one out with the new one.
A bit of penatraiting oil will help as well.
Somone must have hit something serious in order to break those pins.
Be sure and replace it with the correct size coiled spirol pin

I ran into a similar thing on my deck this last year. Turned out the deck itself was cracked around one of the mounts are in back. I didn't see that until I removed the mounts.

Get a pin punch set and a hammer and go to work on it.
NOT a fun job by any means
You will have to get the lift arm with the issue in the right position so the holes line up to drive the pin out if that's what the issue is.
Once you get it stated out the other side, follow it up with a new one and keep driving what's left of the old one out with the new one.
A bit of penatraiting oil will help as well.
Somone must have hit something serious in order to break those pins.
Be sure and replace it with the correct size coiled spirol pin
There are two lift arms to raise the deck, right? Check if they are aligned. If not, one of the spirol pins may have broken or the holes may be badly worn. I had the same issue a few years ago. The above description by dschwandt is pretty much exactly what I had to do.

Latest posts

Back