• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

147 Hydro Slowing Down

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etipler

displayname
Eric Tipler
Replaced the fluid and filter a couple (few?) years ago. Was used for snow blowing only for several years, no problems. Got another tractor for blowing so now it is mowing. Yesterday after mowing for an hour or so I noticed that at low speed I needed to move the lever farther to keep it moving on small inclines (ditch). It got a little worse as time went on but when the lever was moved all the way forward, it still scooted along like normal. I did go fairly fast in reverse for the first time in a very long time earlier, would a sticking valve do that? If not that, what?

Replaced the fluid and filter a couple (few?) years ago. Was used for snow blowing only for several years, no problems. Got another tractor for blowing so now it is mowing. Yesterday after mowing for an hour or so I noticed that at low speed I needed to move the lever farther to keep it moving on small inclines (ditch). It got a little worse as time went on but when the lever was moved all the way forward, it still scooted along like normal. I did go fairly fast in reverse for the first time in a very long time earlier, would a sticking valve do that? If not that, what?
Reverse the valves and you'll probably find it will do the opposite. Sometimes you can get buy with a good cleaning, other times replacement is your only option.
Also, do this.
http://cubfaq.com/neutraladjust.html

Back