• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

147 deck on a 1641

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ken,

it depends how badly you want it to fit. Grab a blue tip wrench, a spark bonder, and a bunch a parts and have at it.

i wonder why ? as the 1641 deck has the same from and rear style mount points..
i dont have the 1641 deck in hand. someone was looking for one.
in the photo. the front hangers look same and in same place.
the rear pull pins look the same also ...
what makes it not fit ?? just so i can understand the issue...
thanks

i wonder why ? as the 1641 deck has the same from and rear style mount points..
i dont have the 1641 deck in hand. someone was looking for one.
in the photo. the front hangers look same and in same place.
the rear pull pins look the same also ...
what makes it not fit ?? just so i can understand the issue...
thanks
Get the deck and try it and you'll find out.
One thing you'll come to learn while your here. Don't question Matt's advice. He doesn't post unless he knows of what he types! Just sayin. (y)

He could go into a 3 page disertation on the what's and wherefor's, but there's actually no point.

Get the deck and try it and you'll find out.
One thing you'll come to learn while your here. Don't question Matt's advice. He doesn't post unless he knows of what he types! Just sayin. (y)

He could go into a 3 page disertation on the what's and wherefor's, but there's actually no point.
lil basic info would be cool. but oke doke.
thats why i asked. the mounting points all look the same. tho not in my face to see in person.this is the 1641 deck

273879566_698632091296509_2084731167637180433_n.jpg

Ken, the 147 is a narrow frame. The 1641's frame is similar to an 82 series so it could be called a spread frame, basically a wide frame with an even wider top section. It's wider than a narrow frame so the mower deck sub frames won't swap between the two. The mower deck for the 1641 would be domed and is taller than the one from a 147. The sub frame for the 1641 would be arched, where the one for the 147 would not be arched. Lots of subtle and not so subtle differences between the two. I will second Charlie on not questioning Matt, he's owned a bunch of different Cubs from the different series and knows of what he speaks/types.

In addition to what Kraig said, the deck from the 147 uses a 3/8" belt, so you'd have to find a different center pulley with a 5/8" belt. Not to mention the 1641 has a much larger diameter PTO clutch than the 147, so you'd have to increase the size of the driven center pulley.

This is 100% not worth all the effort it would take to cobble the older, much worse-cutting deck onto a newer tractor.

was not questioning Matt,
i dont know whys or whats of not working. just wanted to learn the reasons..
basic info..

NF spread frame. no worries. i get that..
i never had a 1641 or there decks so i went off photo seein the same type of hangers in front and pull pins in back. thats all..
now knowing the hangers are wider. cool . i learned something..

my bad for wanting to understand.. sorry

Ken, no need to say you're sorry, we learn by asking questions. Some of us (OK, me/I) tend to get a bit passionate about these Cub Cadets and perhaps forget that others have not spent decades working on them, using them, researching them and so on that we (I) have. :D

Back