• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

147 48in mower deck

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These new plasma get ups are sure nice aren't they!!!
I purchased a plasma cutter to incorporate on my CNC torch table but have never followed through. I don’t have a good way to catch or remove all the smoke/dust from my work environment. To add it to my oxy/fuel table I’d have to enclose the legs of the table & add a big fan to down draft the smoke

Great idea using the pipe to strengthen the front of the deck. Those areas really take a beating.

Mine is a 42” these decks aren’t to bad to fab up from scratch. The chutes I measured up, made simple hand drawings & had my steel salesman take a look. Same thing for flat part where spindles fit. Had those parts plasma burned on CNC & bends done on press brake. It was a few years back but didn’t cost all that much. Then I drilled holes & welded it up here myself
As soon as you posted this I realized I have a42 in deck in back of a shed out back. I priced some steel and its crazy right now but I have some other resources to look into this weekend. All the 42 deck needs is stripped down and painted! I'm gonna go with that for now

Deck wheel blow out

071EE738-6B84-4566-B2C2-6730E31709FB.jpeg

Attachments

• E625924F-C576-446B-B41A-BC37D37E5990.jpeg
    E625924F-C576-446B-B41A-BC37D37E5990.jpeg
    65.2 KB · Views: 110
These 7” ball bearing wheels are hard to find. I replaced the pair last spring when I went through the entire deck. I am sure they were not OE Cub Cadet.

They were 7-3/4” OD X 2 Harbor Freight specials!! Hand Truck wheels 300# load moved up a hole in the bracket which still gives me the “cut Height” I want. May have to Jack up the tractor to pull deck off if needed.

I wanted to go to more modern hard rounded wheels. 5” OD as large as I could find. Thought to self…. Buy a couple Durlin high wear plastic disks, & machine my own…. At $75 each. Plan B. LOL

On another note, I took a good look at the 12 HP Kohler I bought to upgrade the power a bit. Apparently what ever it came from the muffler had been bolted on with the flange bolts. My old 106 has 1” pipe threaded in the exhaust port. The Ex port on the 12 has bolts broken off in the flange holes & looked like the internal threads were gone!! Bummer. I dug out a 1” NPT tap & chased what was still there. I was amazed at what was still remaining. Perfect, No but is very usable

The wheel that just came apart. The 5-6 tiny little spot welds that hold the steel hub half’s together let go.
That wheel was a Martin I haven’t tried the Arnold brand wheel.

The wheel that just came apart. The 5-6 tiny little spot welds that hold the steel hub half’s together let go.
That wheel was a Martin I haven’t tried the Arnold brand wheel.
I've had Martin wheels on my machines for 17+ years and never had an issue. BTW, Martin supplies wheels in a cheaper version for MTD/Arnold.

Back