• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

147 48in mower deck

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the best I can find for photos, the lower deck in the photo is a 48" (the others are 42" decks.) It is the deck for the 1x4/5 and 1x6/7 series but I believe the baffle design should be close to how the later deck would be.

6343.jpg

Ahhhh,I wondered if one was missing!!!

Can you measure the height of the baffle and give a little input on how thick that baffle material is? I don't believe it's 1/8", but perhaps 18ga or 16ga? Thanks.

I have one of the 1x4/5-1x6/7 48" decks but it is buried DEEP in my lean-to and I've not actually seen it in many years. (EDIT: Last saw it back around 2005 when I placed it in my then new lean-to, and promptly placed a bunch more stuff in front of it.) 😲 I really need to dig it out...

Thanks Robert!
IH_Thumbs_UP_WHITE-SMALL.jpg

Hopefully that helps out Herbert if he decides to fabricate some for his deck.

I combined a good 2nd Gen shell and 3rd Gen spindles to build a good 48” deck for my 129. The original shell was half gone from rust holes. I built new baffles from 12 ga steel and replaced the skids with spherical gauge wheels on custom mounts. I also welded 1/2” black pipe along the bottom edges to strengthen them.

Attachments

• 72A3AFD9-9651-4EF6-A9AA-28D37156F8CB.jpeg
    72A3AFD9-9651-4EF6-A9AA-28D37156F8CB.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 204
  • 093F59FC-C348-4B74-AFD0-70B93EAEA900.jpeg
    093F59FC-C348-4B74-AFD0-70B93EAEA900.jpeg
    63.3 KB · Views: 212
  • 13B22E18-BCC3-40DB-B4FC-DDD4D48D14F0.jpeg
    13B22E18-BCC3-40DB-B4FC-DDD4D48D14F0.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 198
I have a friend out here in Iowa that has a stack of about..... maybe 8 decks of various vintage out in his back pasture. I got a old 44a from him to put the baffles in my other good 44. I don't remember what all he had but a good chance he has something like that. All of them were in better shape than that as I recall, though it's been a few years since I been over there. Usually if I need a part I buy him a case a beer for it.

Yeah that's nice to have around where you live. I talked to a farmer friend of mine who only lives about 10 miles away,he says people ask if they can drop their old cubs off when they don't want em anymore. Anyway he says they're back behind a barn and for me to come take a look...who knows what kind of treasure is back there!!!

It should have the baffles, interesting that the Parts Lookup does not show them. They should be fairly easy to make out of 18ga(?), 2" wide bar stock. They should look like the baffles in Robert's photos, though his is missing the center portion. The underside view of the early variant would not be the way they would look, that early one is unique.
Thanks Kraig,I will make em.

I combined a good 2nd Gen shell and 3rd Gen spindles to build a good 48” deck for my 129. The original shell was half gone from rust holes. I built new baffles from 12 ga steel and replaced the skids with spherical gauge wheels on custom mounts. I also welded 1/2” black pipe along the bottom edges to strengthen them.
Thanks for the pictures. Deck looks stout enough to be a bush hog.

Mine is a 42” these decks aren’t to bad to fab up from scratch. The chutes I measured up, made simple hand drawings & had my steel salesman take a look. Same thing for flat part where spindles fit. Had those parts plasma burned on CNC & bends done on press brake. It was a few years back but didn’t cost all that much. Then I drilled holes & welded it up here myself

Back