Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

147 48in mower deck

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

Neil Mullins

IHCC Supporter
These new plasma get ups are sure nice aren't they!!!
I purchased a plasma cutter to incorporate on my CNC torch table but have never followed through. I don’t have a good way to catch or remove all the smoke/dust from my work environment. To add it to my oxy/fuel table I’d have to enclose the legs of the table & add a big fan to down draft the smoke

gpapa

displayname
Papa
Great idea using the pipe to strengthen the front of the deck. Those areas really take a beating.

Robert Allison

IHCC Supporter
Mine is a 42” these decks aren’t to bad to fab up from scratch. The chutes I measured up, made simple hand drawings & had my steel salesman take a look. Same thing for flat part where spindles fit. Had those parts plasma burned on CNC & bends done on press brake. It was a few years back but didn’t cost all that much. Then I drilled holes & welded it up here myself
As soon as you posted this I realized I have a42 in deck in back of a shed out back. I priced some steel and its crazy right now but I have some other resources to look into this weekend. All the 42 deck needs is stripped down and painted! I'm gonna go with that for now

Neil Mullins

IHCC Supporter
Yes my sheet steel, well any black finish stuff. Angle, channel, pipe is about 100% above year end 2020 prices