• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1466 Turbo is headed my way.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad your spending the time and $$$$ to get it fixed up Charlie! Have done a few of these back in the day, your pictures bring back good memories. I can smell the combination of grease and motor oil just looking at the pictures.

Charlie check the camshaft its probably bad. Excessive compression on valve face because of worn cam causing rocker break.

Digger,
IH used 2 different rockers on those. And from what I can see in the pictures those to me and my foggy memory appear to be the earlier style. you can put the updated one on your old shaft if I remember right. That one 1466 we got that is pushing over 200hp keep eating rockers. put the updated ones in and never another problem. Again bear in mind that was almost ten years ago also. But I seem to remember the two different styles. good luck. Jim

Digger also if it was me I would change the blow by tube location. The b series (like late 66 and all 86 400 series engines) had the blow by tube on the valve cover. I don't recall if IH has that block off plate for the block we made our own. Jim

It's alive! 1.7 hours on it, LOL
Just had to play a little before the official break in.
322624.jpg

Brian B.
Didn't have to, but I figured I just as well make it all new inside and out! LOL
So yes I put a new crank and camshaft and pretty much everything else.
biggrin.gif

Looks like relatively new tire chains too. They are so shiny.
happy.gif

Actually they are 3 years old. They've just never see dirt before, LOL
I wasn't about to take them off just to do a little mowing.
The blower goes back on next week after I get the loader on.

Charlie-

Nice tractor! I'm still confused on how ya'll have any grass to cut at all up there with only 3 weeks of summer. (lol) It must be hardy grass.

Probably looking for all those missing parts for that dual pto? Lol

Nate,
Nothing missing, just a crack that showed up under close inspection when I went to replace the clutch pack. That and since the engine runs so dang smooth, I felt a vibration back there, and sure enough! Grrrrr

Park her on a down hill and pull the PTO......

Latest posts

Back