• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1466 Turbo is headed my way.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
So a guy calls and says he has something I NEED!
Like a fool I went to see what it was, and ended up buying the dang thing!
One of those deals that felt right.
289237.jpg

289238.jpg

Way to go Charlie, I'm sure you'll find a use for this tractor...

I was wondering when I'd see that tractor on here?!?!

Be careful blowing snow this winter... you just more than DOUBLED the HP running your blower.

I think he plans on throwing snow out of the state

I found my Grandfather's old 1206 (at the time he owned it it had an ice cream box cab and 18.4x38's on it).....
289303.jpg

Which he traded on a 1466, just like Charlie's....
289304.jpg

Which he traded on a 1486 that we still farm with....
289305.jpg

How many times have you seen a pic of an 86 series with the tread adjusting wrench still strapped to the frame???? 1466 and 1486 pics were taken the same day, delivery day of the 1486.

IH 436-DT.........what a great engine!!!!!

BTW, that 1206 (owned by a local dealer now), came off the line at Farmall within 2 weeks of the end of 1206 production and was purchased "discounted" because there were new 1256's on the lot beside it.

Wouldn't we all love to be at that "close out special" sale today!?!?!?!?

How many hours Charlie? Good TA? Any work done to it?

Charlie,
Nice 1466. I'd say pull the cab and put flat tops on it, but kinda defeats the purpose of blowing snow and keeping warm/dry.
bouncy.gif

Nuttin' like the whine of a turboed IH engine.......

Steve,
Nice 1206. Looks like original paint. You should try to buy that back and get it back in the family. Looks meaty with the big rubber. Only six bolt front hubs, though. Weird combo with the big rubber. Pulling setup?

Josh,

I don't know the history between when it was traded on the 1466 and when I found it in the dealer's "private stash". A neighbor farmer "knew who bought it from who" and where it ended up, but didn't have any details.

When my grandfather was using it it would have had 1000# of IH weights on the front (still on the 1486 today), ice cream box cab, and 18.4x38 duals. Bought a 700 6-16" plow brand new with it as well, still have that too, but the wear parts are getting REALLY bad on it. Had it out a few years ago....

289309.jpg

289310.jpg

I remember being about 8 years old and "helping" to drop the 6th bottom off on a really hard pulling year, never did put it back on, as we chiseled most everything after that anyway.....

Steve,
Neat pics and story. Keep tabs on the 12. I know they bring premium dollars nowadays, but if you can get a family tractor back, that's cool. I can smell the dirt! We still play around and plow around 60-80 acres every fall on my Grandma's ground just Northwest of Washburn. Use the smaller tractors with 2-3 bottom plows. Also use the bigger tractors. My favorite is the 1456 pulling a 710 6 bottom 16 incher in low 4. Prolly could run high 1, but the exhaust temp creeps up. Love that turbo sound and black smoke. Also have some fun with the 1586 pulling a 720 5 bottom 18 inch plow. Cab and radio....... For us, its fun. For the farmer back in the day, it was hard work.

Charlie,
You'll have to find ya a plow and "play" around up there. And I'm not talking a snow plow.
buttrock.gif

STEVE B. - Dad had about the same thing happen with his '51 M... it was built Dec. 7th and delivered Dec. 23rd 1951, spring of '52 he went out disking corn stalks with it and noticed the neighbor across the fence had a new tractor too... when he got close enough it was a Super M.... But Dad didn't get a break on the price of his M.

What's neat about those 1206's, a tractor in decent shape brings more than ALL the tractors Dad owned when he farmed combined... with the possible exception of the 4010. 1206's are still a hot property, almost as hot as a Super M-TA, but 1206's still bring more since they are still usable on today's farms.

JOSH S. - 6 & 8-bolt frt wheels was more a deal of what size tire than what size tractor. All 15 inch frt tires & 7.50X16 & 7.50X20 frt tires used 6-bolt wheels, everything else, 10.00 & 11.00 x 16 & 14L x 16.1's were 8-bolt. The rated load capacity was surprisingly close between the 6 & 8 bolt wheels, 200 pounds less for the 6-bolt, 3200# vs 3400# IIRC.

I guess I'll find out in the next day or 3 if the 1466 crank survived the rod bearing hissy fit! The rocker arm and push rod didn't far to well!
319324.jpg

319325.jpg

319326.jpg

319327.jpg

Back