• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1450 Transmission Assistance

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have gotten my 1450 working after replacing the coil and sparkplug. Now that it is running, it seems it wants to keep moving once it has started. When I push the throttle up, it takes a second for it to engage. (I would say that I have to push it about halfway before any forward motion. Once it does engage it goes to a Very fast speed and I have to pull it back to slow down. If I press the break it takes the throttle arm back to neutral but I just slow down and don't stop. I can move the throttle arm down to full reverse and I slow but once again do not stop. If I start the tractor and move the arm to full reverse I get no motion at all. My guess is that something is adjusted full "forward" and I may be able to adjust it so that I do not go as fast forward and I go at least some backwards, but I do not know where that adjustment lives. It seems as though the break is working a little bit but I am at a loss of testing that because it is an internal break system..... which I am in the middle of trying to figure out how that works as well.
Id say I am about a 6 out of 10 when it comes to mechanicing so be gentle. I want this tractor for pulling small trailers and a boat around my property. If I am able to get everything running properly I plan to attempt to get the hydraulics reran so that I can have a raising and lowering hitch out the back. Funny enough, that is the part I am least intimidated to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

This information was amazing. Thank you so much! I have a trunion that is broken and I am mission all the springs and such that go in there. I may be able to fix the trunion as it is described in the pictures but I am not sure seeing that I only started welding a short time ago. Is there anywhere that I can order a new trunioin and all the innards so that I can start fresh?

This information was amazing. Thank you so much! I have a trunion that is broken and I am mission all the springs and such that go in there. I may be able to fix the trunion as it is described in the pictures but I am not sure seeing that I only started welding a short time ago. Is there anywhere that I can order a new trunioin and all the innards so that I can start fresh?
I've got everything you'll need.
https://www.ccspecialties.org/hydroparts_holddowns.html
1675181246918.png

Mig weld it. Wrap a wet rag around the part of the trunnion that goes into the transmission so you don't cook the seal.

Instead of that rectangular repair piece, I would weld up the corners and file them square again, unless it is so bad the slot is broken out or something. At any rate, you want to avoid putting too much heat into it.

The rectangular piece is missing 1 of it's 4 sides on mine. It doesn't look like it has any welding ever done to it so it is probably the original part. I am just guessing until the parts show up, but I think that I am going to have to grind off the rectangular piece on mine and weld the new one on. I was not even sure if I was going to be able to do the repair without taking the transmission off the tractor, (which I really do not want to do.) Is it possible to do this repair job with the tractor still put together? Oh, and thanks for the wet rag idea. I am not sure I would have thought of that, seeing that I am more excited than experienced at this point.

That happened to my 147 when I was pulling up to my garage door. It wouldn’t stop and before I could turn the key off I took out the garage door. I used job weld then filed it. I also put a zip tie around it to hold it temporarily in case the weld failed

Well, maybe not, but I was using the 147 for mowing in the summer and putting the plow on to plow a long driveway in the winter in upstate ny. I bought an old Troy bilt with power steering to mow with now. It’s been almost 20 years with the jb weld and now with only seasonal use I’m hoping for the best. If it makes it another 10 years I won’t have to worry about

Rallison how did you get to the trunion to repair it with out removing the rear end? Cut the tunnel cover off? I never seen a removeable tunnel cover on a 127 or 147.

Back