• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1450 resto

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check the hanger pins for wear before you paint it.]
You may want to replace them if badly worn and you plan on mowing with it.
Also the "pickle fork" that hangs from the rockshaft.

David and Steve - several years ago I believe I got the following from Mr. Plow (engineer extrodinare) because of past issues I had with decks not being level when raised, and because of decks not raising high enough. I never did use this, and to me it is a bit complicated, but wanted to throw it out there.

Pickleforkbend-How-To.JPG

The trick is to put on the Case factory paint (enamel) with straight enamel hardener. Hard to find. But tractor supply has Majestic paint. they have hardener. In small quantities. Pint. Then when your On your last Coat. Add 50% Enamel clear with hardener. Mix them both together. And apply. Just one coat. Then you’ll want to Thank me. LOL. That’s a restoration secret that Auto painters do when they paint Muscle cars that are solid colors. It makes the paint POP!

I’m a lil confused. I measured my 1450 Mule drive that i struggled to find. What’s strange is. It’s the exact measurement of my 122 mule drive. What the Hey. Just thought i’d throw that out there.

Steve, do a forum search of the term "pickle fork" by user "sblunier" and you'll find more info on the deck subframe adjustments. Or, click >HERE< for the search results of my search.

CC Specialties should have the clevis parts, #28, 29 and 30. Not sure about #24, but it should be easy enough to fabricate that. I believe it's basically a 1/2" rod with a hole for a roll pin and threaded ends. Actual part numbers would help, rather than item numbers for the exploded view.

Steve - what mowing deck are you putting together with your 1450??? That parts diagram you posted above (in Post #252) is not for the standard sub-frame assembly and mule drive used for a 1450 with a 44A/50A deck.

Back