• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1450 resto

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum Stephen! Good luck with that Quiet-line, I think you'll really like it after you get to spend some quality time with her. You've already got a great start on the accessory's for it too as already mentioned. Some of those are harder to find then the tractors themselves. And you feel free to paint her with whatever type of paint you want, the important thing is that you are saving and breathing new life into a machine that in all probability will be around long after you.

Last edited:
Wandt It was sitting in the yard with all tires flat. And pinto’D . Hey I know how old it is. At first. But Not Knowing now after Degreasing and power washing the motor is 20 years newer . Catch my drift. My mechanic at work told me get a carb and I’ll help you . But looking back you right

If was a replacement engine it probably had a POS Walboro carb with fixed jet on it. If he's lucky he bought a Carter with both adjustable jets. Just my 2 cents.

If it was Walbro and you are replacing it with a Kohler/Carter carb (I'm not 100% sure here) but you will probably have the to acquire this piece of linkage.

Attachments

• DSCN8012.JPG
    DSCN8012.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 239
Stephen - if you use one of the correct paint colors from the paint cross reference chart that Matt provided (from the FAQs) then you don't have to worry about the correct color match.
There is nothing worse when going to a Tractor show and all the IH Cub Cadets are parked together and from a slight distance you see one stick out because of off-coloring.
Just saying.
(and by the way - you may not have realized IH didn't use any primer when they painted these and it seems like the paint still held up pretty well - course I don't know if the Case/IH Iron Guard you buy now days is the exact same paint or just the exact same color. Which ever paint company Case/IH uses probably had to remove all that bad stuff that made the paint really good - but I can tell you for certain the current Case/IH Iron Guard is still great paint).
And - if you click on the box at the top of this page for "CC Specialties" it will take to you Charlie's (aka Digger) web site for all kinds of really great Cub Cadet paint (including Case/IH Iron Guard), and just about every part you may need for your 1450. If you think you may just need a used part I'd post on the Wanted page.

Last edited:
Hey Matt - can you attach the link for the FAQ where you found the paint info Maybe Charlie updated the FAQ list and removed the paint stuff because it's not there now. It used to be linked on the Original IH Cub Cadet page but it looks like that page is now gone from the net. It was a page developed by Bob Necker and described the Originals and 70/10 and had a couple charts of serial numbers, etc.
Nothin ever really goes away Harry.
1597700500772.png

Hey Matt - can you attach the link for the FAQ where you found the paint info Maybe Charlie updated the FAQ list and removed the paint stuff because it's not there now. It used to be linked on the Original IH Cub Cadet page but it looks like that page is now gone from the net. It was a page developed by Bob Necker and described the Originals and 70/10 and had a couple charts of serial numbers, etc.
http://cubfaq.com/paint.html

Back