1450 resto

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

displayname
Harry Bursell
hmmm - Steve, looks like you're trying to use the PARTS TREE parts look up. I highly recommend you start using CCC parts lookup linked here on the Forum. 99% of the time it gives you the best info (the other 1% you need info from someone on here that has an old parts book).

Sure nice of Dave S to post that parts diagram for ya.

displayname
Harry Bursell
Steve - your 1450 uses 1 of the fasteners you show in the pic. The leg with the hole in the fastener is for a bolt in the top and center of the upper grill housing (same bolt holds the front of the hood to the center of the grill housing. The other leg of the fastener then goes against the back side of the upper part of the mesh grill to hold it in place inside the grill housing.

Pictures are worth 1,000 words (even tho I just stole this pic and it has the wrong grill insert). You can see the fastener in the center held on by that single bolt. (I can't draw the red arrows but the fastener is directly behind the IH emblem).
Quiet Line Hood and grill housing.jpg

Last edited:

Stevenovick1

Ok finally got this brush bar. It’s wider than a wide frame. So… I’m gonna have to do some fabrication. Won’t be easy. Any ideas?

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Looks like it was perhaps a home made piece for a Cub 154 Lo-Boy.

Lo-Boy154_DataSheet_01.jpg

Lo-Boy154_DataSheet_02.jpg

Or perhaps for a Farmall Cub.

farmall cub 1.jpg

glippert

displayname
Greg Lippert
Old thread, but I finally took Matt G's recommendation and got some LED headlights for my 782. Oh my, what a difference. The ammeter barely tics when I turn them on, and they are so much brighter than the old incandescents. Bright white (6000K) and 1280 lumens. Adds a whole new level of fun to snowthrowing after dark! Thanks for the info, Matt!

Here's what I got:

1642306665285.png

danswenson

Hey Steve,

Good meeting you yesterday when you pulled up to compliment my broken down 1450. Looking through this thread is giving me some inspiration for sure. I'm thinking upgraded wheels/tires might be in my future! Looking forward to seeing more progress on your project.

Latest posts