• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1450 mule drive

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's there, I was just showing the detail of the front mule drive section. Here's the rest of it:

1450_DH_04.jpg

Steve - good luck getting the correct one for a 1450. You still didn't identify the deck size you're using it with. I have to say the one in Kraig's pics works with a 44A or 50A. If you have a 38" deck it takes a different mule drive and maybe even a slightly different sub-frame.

When you're looking for the correct mule drive and sub-frame for your 1450 (assuming you've got a 44A or 50A deck) then look for one with the "L" shaped idler ratchet that you see in Kraig's pic (has just a 90degree angle on the front of it). If you look at yours it looks sorta Li shaped (has two 90degree angles on the front).

Hydro, you are correct, that one goes with my 44A mower deck, but would also work with the 50A mower deck.

Steve - the front part is really the mule-drive assembly, or maybe more correctly it should be called mule-drive with Quick Attach assembly. The long rails (as you call them) is really a sub-frame that hangs from the center frame of the tractor and also holds the mowing deck allowing it to raise/lower. The sub-frame is specific to the Quiet Line Series (800/1000/1200/1250/1450/1650) and to use it with a 44A (or 50A) deck it needs to have one side that has a slightly bowed out section (wish I new the correct term) about 10" long, near the middle.

I'm a little confused tho. Earlier you posted a pic of a mule drive complete with Quick Attach assembly and sub-frame. Just above you say you have the front part of the mule drive. The front part you have is not correct. It has the wrong pulleys and wrong idler ratchet. In the earlier pic the mule drive had a sub-frame (long rails) with the forks that attach to the mowing deck. That is also NOT correct for a 1450. It will look very similar but the forks are slightly different (I think shorter) and the overall size of the sub-frame is probably different as well, so the mowing deck wouldn't hang in the correct position.

This is where it gets tough to find the correct complete assembly when you don't have the correct one to start with. At this point Kraig's pics are the best thing you have for comparison.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Back