• FIRST AND LAST NAMES ARE REQUIRED WHEN REGISTERING
  • If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

1450 mule drive

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

Stevenovick1

Can you guys tell me. if this is the correct Mule drive for my 1450? I believe it’s of a 1250. I’m just confused why i don’t have one when it was sold to me.
I have a smaller one with the tractor that’s a foot long.Under the front of the tractor. I’m confused. And that don’t take much.

displayname
Harry Bursell
Steve - looks like you got the correct mule drive for a 1450. One thing bothers me tho. The mounting rod for the 2 front pulleys has a shinny area that looks to be about 1" maybe 1 - 1/2" across. I'm thinking something is missing. Can you post more pics close up so we can see what's going on.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
What is the serial number of your tractor?
That mule drive looks to be one for a serial # that's below 400,001

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
That appears to be correct for a 1450 for use with a 44" or 50" deck.

Cub1450Manual67a.jpg

Deck_Hanger_02.jpg

Stevenovick1

Kraig Thanks. Looks like i’m missing that “J “ bracket on the right. Strange how the pulley wheel is still on my mule.

displayname
Harry Bursell
Steven - we need more pics of your mule drive. It should look like the one in the pic that Kraig just posted, but even his pic has the belt partially covering one of the 2 pulleys. I do see some shinny steel areas in Kraig's pic as well and that made me recall those are the areas where that rod sits in the Quick Attach latches on the tractor frame. That could be why yours has that shinny metal I mentioned but until we see some more pics we won't know for certain.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
Craig, your picture appears to show one for Serial #'s above 400,001
I believe the "J" bracket was added at that point to keep that pulley from "wandering" as the adjustment rod was the only thing that kept it in place prior to that.
I just may be all wet here but that's what it looks like to me according to the parts look up.
If so, I stand corrected.

It sure don't help much for comparison purposes that they have removed the part numbers from the parts illustrations that are NLA in the on-line pages.

Lookup Parts Via Diagram | Cub Cadet US

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
David, you are probably correct. I too hate that they have removed the part numbers from the NLA parts. :mad:

Latest posts