• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1450 mower deck

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen Novick

This Deck is in nice shape. But has been hit a lot . Thinking of welding a rolled steel bar. On the bottom edge above the lip. Then the small angle iron below lip. Kinda like the new commercial mowers have. Then of course mud deck to smooth out the waves. Prime & paint

FB45977C-B672-489E-B0B5-87D72A5D5F6B.jpeg

I was thinking of doing the same thing on mine, use some round stock along the edge. Hadn't thought of using the angle next to it.
Gives a nice clean edge. You must be using a mig welder....??..?? What's the od of the round?

not sure on size. just wanted to fill the gap. Tractor supply junk. But that’s what they do on the new stuff. My deck was a mess. Beat up and wavy.
I muddled the whole front of deck. It won’t budge now

After i welded in . sand blasted lightly. Epoxy primer. then filled with 2 part epoxy seam sealer. then wiped with finger. Manufactures don’t do that. they just paint. of course. White shows rust to much.

If i was smart i should have welded extra (2) deck wheels. Like the newer cub decks. On the front to replace the center hickory roller.

If i was smart i should have welded extra (2) deck wheels. Like the newer cub decks. On the front to replace the center hickory roller.
Most people don't realize that those wheels should never touch the ground except to keep the deck from scalping. That's why you see a lot of the right side ones broken off. I think the 4 roller design is better, but not a ton better, just a little better.

CCC made a kit to modify the deck and add the 2 front roller wheels near the outside.

Most people don't realize that those wheels should never touch the ground except to keep the deck from scalping. That's why you see a lot of the right side ones broken off. I think the 4 roller design is better, but not a ton better, just a little better.
I agree, The deck should hang from the tractor otherwise, if the terrain is rough enough in places, the weight of the tractor may end up bearing on the deck at times

I agree, The deck should hang from the tractor otherwise, if the terrain is rough enough in places, the weight of the tractor may end up bearing on the deck at times
Yes, especially if the hydro lift is not set to float, or the float on a manual lift machine is broken or doesn't exist. I was pretty surprised to find that the IH 82 series manual lift machines can't float. I have never had a manual quietline or wideframe to know on those. I know the 1x4/5 had the float pin on the lift handle as standard and I'm pretty sure the 1x6/7 machines did too.

Back