• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1450 heavy duty front spindles

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1F7E3AB2-C0AA-41EF-BF12-41F1267D43C4.jpeg

I will bead blast that knuckle. And duct tape that spindle. The Grease fitting notch needs lil more taken out. I’ll hit it with a carbonate bit open up a tad more. it’s too close.

Are these spindles available to purchase I'm building a 147 just wondering

Marvin, the 147 is a narrow frame Cub Cadet and uses a different style spindle than the style pictured. The spindle that is pictured above in Steve's post is for a wide frame Cub Cadet and will not fit your 147 unless you were to swap out the front axle as well, which could be done. Here are some photos that show the differences between the narrow frame axle and the wide frame axle, and the spindles.

WF-NF_Axles_02.jpg

WF-NF_Axles_Spindle-Height_01.JPG

Note difference in height of axle ends where spindle mounts. Top axle is the narrow frame, bottom axle is the wide frame in the above photo.

WF-NF_Axles_Spindles_01.jpg

Wide frame axle in foreground, narrow frame axle in background, in photo above.

WF-NF_Axles_Spindles_02.jpg

Wide frame axle on left, narrow frame axle on right, in photo above.

Marvin I have a Friend that loves to fabricate. He has access to the tooling. I’m a lucky guy. He’s also making me a plate to hold front wheel weights on my front wheels. I’ll post pics next week.

Marvin, the 147 is a narrow frame Cub Cadet and uses a different style spindle than the style pictured. The spindle that is pictured above in Steve's post is for a wide frame Cub Cadet and will not fit your 147 unless you were to swap out the front axle as well, which could be done. Here are some photos that show the differences between the narrow frame axle and the wide frame axle, and the spindles.

View attachment 142595

View attachment 142596

Note difference in height of axle ends where spindle mounts. Top axle is the narrow frame, bottom axle is the wide frame in the above photo.

View attachment 142597

Wide frame axle in foreground, narrow frame axle in background, in photo above.

View attachment 142598

Wide frame axle on left, narrow frame axle on right, in photo above.
I realize that I would like to have a complete setup I'm very familiar with fabrication I'm big into building jeeps, As well as tractor's.
I have a set of 14 inch wheels and ag tires for the rear.
I have 8 cubs right now as well as 2 Massey's and 2 deeres. Just want to put together something a little different with a couple of parts tractor's that I have. This is a couple of pictures of my tractor's.

Attachments

• 20201014_150440.jpg
    20201014_150440.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 262
Marvin nice tractor. I’ve been eye ball’n Cummin’s Diesel at the salvage yard. To throw in a jeep. But i know i’ll never finish it. And no have no jeep. But would love to put a 3 cylinder Cummins in a Suzuki Samahri for a rock climber.

CUMMINS IN A JEEP WRANGLER IS COOL I PUT A MERCEDES 5 CYLINDER IN A WRANGLER A FEW YEARS AGO WAS REAL COOL.
AFTER I GET MY 2 WHEEL DRIVE WRANGLER ON A DAKOTA CHASSIS AND SLAMMED TO THE GROUND IM GOING TO STRETCH A 147 OUT A BIT THAT'S WHAT I WANT THE HEAVY DUTY SPINDLES FOR I HAVE A SET OF 14 INCH REAR TIRES FOR THE REAR

David i got those. Got the Timkin bearings. Jina bearings getting tossed. And my buddy’s machining me a plate to hold the front wheel weights on nicely.

Back