• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1450 heavy duty front spindles

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put the 5-bolt version of those hubs on my loader tractor. I didn't feel confident in being able to shorten them, so I made these spacers on the lathe that extend the spindle about 3/8" or so to fully support the outer bearing, attached with a Grade 8 bolt. Shims were placed between them and the bearing inner race to set preload. Also had to make another spacer for the inside bearing to give the inner seal something to ride on.

IMG_20190912_170401.jpg

IMG_20190912_173245.jpg

IMG_20191018_201724.jpg

I went with a later model complete front axle w/1" spindles and added the P/S from the same tractor to my DanCo/149 rig several years ago and it has worked out splendidly.

That rig w/a 48" deep bucket has really gotten a workout here what with all the snow we have been getting!

Thanks Tony. The spacer provides a twofold function - it allows proper spacing for the hubs such that front wheels are at the stock width and it provides a proper diameter for the hub grease seal to run on. The hubs are machined from their backside. The bearing race has to be removed (brass drift and a hammer) and all machining is done from this back side. This is a relatively easy and straightforward job for a local machine shop. You could do the removal and weld in replacement of the longer axle in the spindle but be sure that you get the angle correct.

Well first and foremost. Thanks guys for the information and Ideas. My buddy Machined these spindles for me. He did an excellent job.I am pleased. He is machining the front wheel weights to fit over the hubs. Hope that works out.

Next week wire harness install. Can some one give me some insight. Do’s and Don’ts I’m sure grounds are gonna play a role. I’m not good with wires. But this should be simple.

Back