• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1450 heavy duty front spindles

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok Who has them. Digger do you have a bigger set than my Factory spindles?
Yep, I have new., I don't do used.
https://www.ccspecialties.org/steering_seats.html
1612656926965.png

My 1975 Cub Cadet came with the .750 dia front axles. I got tired of replacing the stock ball bearings every 3 years as the weight of the QA-42A snowthrower would wear them out. Bought a pair of 1.000 dia axle spindles from eBay and a set of 4-bolt trailer hubs from Northern Equipment. Some machining was required on the hubs to fit the shorter length of the Cub spindle axle and keep the front wheels at the original width. Bought a set of rims locally, same tire size as the original rims. I've been totally pleased with this modification - the new hubs come with Timken tapered roller bearings which are easily capable of supporting the weight of a front end loader. Did this mod 20 years ago and has worked perfectly with no issues since installing.

spacer print.jpghub print.jpgWheel Detail.jpgHubs on Spindles.JPG

David Well done. Impressive. Timken when only the best will do. Dave what’s the Part # Northern Equiptment. I know it’s been awhile. I’ll order the wrong hub

Steve, it looks like the correct hub but what's shown is a hub/spindle...you don't need the spindle. Hubs alone are around $40 each and are available at Tractor Supply and other implement suppliers. Just be sure they are for a 1.000 inch diameter axle. You can also get them in a 5-stud hub but I chose the 4 as the wheels were available locally.

Clean and robust.. Very nice. So you needed to make that spacer you drew to slide on the axle first, then machine back or front of new hub?
For those that don't have that kind of machining tools, I wonder if they could buy the spindle/axle above and drill out the old axle part of original spindle and weld in the whole deal. If cause the front and rear tires may not be the same width anymore. May not matter, depending on your CC application

Last edited:
Back