• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1450 charging system?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rconnor

displayname
Richard Connor
Hello there, I have an IH CC 1450 that is not currently charging itself properly... But, I can't find any information on what actually does the charging!

Does the starter pull double duty? Or does my tractor have a stator? If the latter, approximately where is it, and how far do I have to tear into my tractor to replace it?

I'm very mechanically inclined, and work on cars regularly, but I have very little experience with small engines...

It's getting deep into Minnesota winter, and I rely on my CC for clearing my 400 foot long driveway, so I have to keep it going!

Thanks!

It does have a stator behind the flywheel. Others
have more experience on these. Repost to the main forum and somebody will chime in.

15A stator behind flywheel, Voltage regulator in flywheel housing.

Should have 28-29VAC across the outside 2 wires of the VR and 14-14.5VDC from center VR pin to ground when running at WOT.

In short, if AC and no DC, bad VR....if no AC bad stator....

Thanks for the info! As soon as the temperature is back above zero, I'll run some more checks on it with my multimeter.

Richard C - "As soon as the temperature is back above zero...." That could be along time where you are - maybe even April

Haha, true! Well, turns out it's just my rectifier. I've got a rock steady 30vAC feeding the rectifier, but the output voltage is all over the place. At least that's a part that's easy to get to!

Rich, are you sure you have a good ground every where?? When you read the output voltage, was that from the center pin and the rectifier housing or to tractor frame?

Back