• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1450 belt issue

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kile Zerr

Good afternoon, I have a 1450 that I’m using with a tiller. The issue is the original belt broke. 7/16 x 145. I can’t seem to find one. Bought a 1/2 x 145. It keeps jumping off. Any ideas or has anyone ran into same issue?

Attachments

• 15E341E2-C74E-49CE-87D8-86BF996CA480.mp4
    7 MB
  • recorded-1517717936183.mov
    11.1 MB
  • IMG_2139.jpeg
    IMG_2139.jpeg
    546.4 KB · Views: 8
Good afternoon, I have a 1450 that I’m using with a tiller. The issue is the original belt broke. 7/16 x 145. I can’t seem to find one. Bought a 1/2 x 145. It keeps jumping off. Any ideas or has anyone ran into same issue?
2 things you can do.
1. Change the mule drive pulleys to 1/2" pulleys to accept the wider belt.
2. Buy this kit
https://www.ccspecialties.org/belts.html
1681005355127.png

Bought the pulleys and belt. Put it on today. Worked for about 15 minutes. Belt is fried. Can’t figure this one out.

Guess it really don’t make any sense. With the longer belt (146”) I couldn’t get enough tension. And with the one that cam with pulleys I could get is loose enough. I ran the longer belt first just to make sure everything was working before I put new belt on

Kile, you might think I'm a bit nuts but I've seen this too many times..A belt gets ripped apart and a few pieces stay in the pulley which throws everything out of balance.Last yr I had one that a piece of wood was stuck in a pulley..Something we wouldn't normally look for..

Kile, you might think I'm a bit nuts but I've seen this too many times..A belt gets ripped apart and a few pieces stay in the pulley which throws everything out of balance.Last yr I had one that a piece of wood was stuck in a pulley..Something we wouldn't normally look for..
I will double check it

When properly adjusted with the correct belt the pulleys should be straight across from one another.
Are you sure you have the correct belt AND pulleys?
From where I sit, it looks as though either the belt is too small or the pulley is too large/wide and the adjustable one is slanted too far back indicating that it needs to be adjusted some to come into alignment with the left one.

Lot of issues here...first is that you can't use a 44"/50" mule drive on a tiller without straightening the pulley brackets. They are bent slightly because the center pulley on those decks is offset to one side. The belt needs to be tightened a lot, and it appears those idler pulleys might be for a 5/8" belt, not 3/8".

Lot of issues here...first is that you can't use a 44"/50" mule drive on a tiller without straightening the pulley brackets. They are bent slightly because the center pulley on those decks is offset to one side. The belt needs to be tightened a lot, and it appears those idler pulleys might be for a 5/8" belt, not 3/8".
They are 1/2" pulleys from this kit that I've sold over 200 of in the last 2 years with perfect results. 👍
1682334527309.png

Latest posts

Back