• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

129 vs. 2082

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the 127 sitting in my friends yard with no deck worth fixing up and trying to sell ? Hasn't run in years. needs seat .
It depends. The 127 is a good model. If the engine isn't locked up, then definitely. A seat is a big nothin-burger.

I wouldn't pay too much for it since this for resale, and people usually want a deck with the tractor.

And they would more than likely want a rig that would not wander all over the place while mowing.
You can easily $100 and more fixing these issues alone, not to mention tires, brakes, wiring issues, hydro issues, oil leaks, ignition issues, fuel issues, etc, etc, etc!!
If you are looking to get into a money pit, go for it!

A decent correct seat for a 127 is definitely not a nothing burger, unless of course you already have one or can score a decent used on that's not petrified.

Is the 127 sitting in my friends yard with no deck worth fixing up and trying to sell ? Hasn't run in years. needs seat .

to fix up and use? i’d think so.

to fix up and flip? probably depends on:
a) (reasonable) expectations
b) the value of one’s time

There are several 127's on FB MP ranging in price from $175-$1000 in various conditions, and including decks and/or plows. So they are not rare, and not extremely valuable.

They are a good tractor, but they do not have the resale value capability of a Cub Diesel, three digit Original, or Super Cub. Unless you received the non-running 127 for free or close to free, I personally would not bother with it for a resale venture.

Back