• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1282 pto

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshthroop

displayname
Joshua
When I start my 1282, she runs great, with no belt on the pto , I engage it and it bogs the engine down (stalls). I shut the engine off and can hear the pto engage and disengage when I flip the switch. Any ideas gents?

Guess i will start there, thank you for the link.
Assuming your kicking in a mower deck...when you check the airgap unhook the drive belt to deck and be sure everything turns freely no drag.If the belt runs thru a mule be sure those pulleys rotate easily.Look at underside of deck for wire,rope, binder twine etc. wrapped around blade mounts..

Gents, just a quick update. Found another post advising to check wiring, a guy had problems with seat safety switch wiring. That was my problem. The pto was fine, I unplugged it, tested it again and had the same trouble with the pto so I knew the pto was fine. Did some wiring work to reconnect the safety seat switch and I am in business. Just need to install my new to me drive shaft and find some couplers.

Josh,glad you found the issue.You started this discussion by saying your engine was bogging down(not just quiting) some of us took that as a serious drag problem so we went in a different direction with suggestions.

Most deffinately understandable with my verbage. I would have never in a million years guessed it would be related to a safety switch. If i was not a member of this forum she would not be running. I appreciate all of you guys and your insight.

Back