• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1282 Paint

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twthompson

displayname
Tim Thompson
I am getting ready to paint my 1282. The transmission, front axle and rear axle. Are currently pained black. I believe it to be original. Can someone please help me on the correct color. I am finding pics both ways. Also, where is the best place to look for decals?

Tim, I believe on the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> branded 82 series Cub Cadets the transmission, axles and front axles were red. On MTD/CCC branded 82 series those parts were black. Check the S/N plate and see if it lists it as International or MTD.

Thanks Kraig. Can you please tell me where to check the serial number. The number is 2050603U737524. model is 144680399

All 1282's were built after IH owned CC. No red axles or rearends were used by CCC therefor black is certainly the correct color. That also explains the model # in the serial number showing 680 which was the CCC model of the 1282. I own an early 1282 and really like it! It does loader duty very well, that K-301 is a workhorse in the 82 series chassis.

I believe that there are some early one's out there that were put together with left over IH parts and do have the red axles and rock shaft. I have seen them both ways to but I would say if yours is painted black then it is factory and should be repainted black. Check with Maple Hunter for your decals I have used them and they are very nice and priced right. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back