• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1282 engine problems

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I know the oil plug is on the bottom just didn’t see it when I looked. Is it really small. Which side is it on?

I don’t think the carb is varnished. I used it all winter moving snow and I run stabil in all of my equipment.

The drain is at the bottom of the deep sump. see picture.
9FFC90C0-495E-4D9B-A0A3-7AE28F7F1C7F_LI.jpg

For crying out loud, just look under the tractor. It should be quite obvious. If not, perhaps some cleaning is in order.

Update: I added a fuel shut off and a filter. Cleaned the carb and it runs and rides great. Attached is a pic of the fuel system before is started.

Attachments

• F06F0260-3898-4386-857E-83AD4A32C0E3.jpeg
    F06F0260-3898-4386-857E-83AD4A32C0E3.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 172
Update: I added a fuel shut off and a filter. Cleaned the carb and it runs and rides great. Attached is a pic of the fuel system before is started.
ToddL, my 1282 had a fuel shutoff valve installed and a gentleman that I bought my 1282 snow thrower from added a fuel shut off to his as well. Seems to be a common practice. Can you post pictures of your tractor? These 1282's are cool.

Back