• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1282 CCC aluminum rearend SNOWBLOWER???

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpellenz

displayname
chris pellenz
Hi All,
im posting about a blower for a 1282 with a cast aluminum rear end.... not cast aluminum rear end blower!!
happy.gif

Well, Ive already learned something about my 1282
the serial # would indicate its not the cast rear end...
sad.gif
well, im hoping to get more info as I go along... Im still looking to increase the utility of the tractor... so ... as its winter so Im looking for a SNOWblower or snow thrower...
happy.gif
I found one that is curious. Does anyone recognize this blower as one that would fit a 1282, it looks like it might place a pulley right under the front electric pto..??
the owner tells me: "measurements of the mounting brackets are 12.5"..its a 42" cutting path."
and... unfortunately I dont have a model # for it...yet...
I have some pictures:

234507.jpg

234508.jpg

234509.jpg

234510.jpg

any help would be appreciated as Im not sure what to even start looking for ... but, like anything,
ya sorta gotta jump in!!

thanks
Chris

Looks like it might be an H-42 which is one that was available for the 1282. The one in this photo is the H-48 but I believe they are darn near the same except for the width.

234512.jpg

234513.jpg

Kraig,
OMG THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE HELP AND HOPE!!!

i generally see parts for 782 982 but not always including 1282... any reason for that?

does this blower look complete relative to any hitch brackets missing??
also, what about the rod that turns the chute? any take on that... it looks short to me but my AC's are all very long

OK, and please excuse my ignorance...
how does the lift work / connect

please remember im an AC guy just getting into
the Cub stuff... thanks
chris

Looks like it's missing the lift rod (easy to make) and rotator extension, again, easy to fab.

I have used both the H42 and the QA-42A/B series of throwers and can tell you that you will likely be happier with a QA-42A/B. The H42's are very functional, but heavy and bulky compared to the QA's. With your 1282's "arm strong" lift and "arm strong" steering, you will appreciate the lighter more manuverable QA thrower.

That said, the H42's will throw snow well and it should be a straight forward mounting.

I would put an add out in the classifieds for a good clean QA-42A and see what comes up before plunking down $$$$ on an H42 (unless it's a real good deal)

QA-42A/B.....

234515.jpg

thanks Steve,

Unfortunately, Im not quite sure what a good deal is with these monsters...IN GENERAL.... surprisingly, older cubs are all around here... but i havent seen many blowers and Ive been looking (but only locally for about one year)... in my Allis world I like the $100 blower but wouldnt mind paying 200 for a nice one... and I wont mention how far Ive driven for things like tillers... is there any general range of what might be a fair price to pay for a H 42 or a QA blower??

if im out of bounds with such an inquiry please let me know and ill delete this post immediately
(not that i would be the one that would have to or could)

We won't tell you what its worth. Its up to you what you feel is a fair price. Check on Craigslist or something like that and get an idea what they go for.

Back