• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1250 Drive Shaft Flange Assembly

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glippert

displayname
Greg Lippert
I don't see the disclaimer anymore that there are no stupid questions, so this might be one. The flange assembly that attaches to the cup on the flywheel (just outside the grass screen) has a bushing that centers the drive shaft. Should the outside of that bushing be lubed with anything? It shouldn't move independently unless the driveshaft isn't perfectly aligned, and then only a bit. Would a little white lithium or dry graphite do any harm?

View attachment 137152

Also not sure if that bushing belongs on the grass screen end , I'm sure there is one at the trans end as I have changed them but can't recall one at the motor end ,either way lube doesn't hurt ! Looks like it does belong as part of the coupler/flange assy !

In theory, it's an oil-impregnated bushing, but I have found that what comes in there is not enough. I usually spray some sort of dry lube in there if I have it apart. Anything oily will attract dirt and may wear the bushing faster.

Wow, this is weird. I not only posted this in the wrong area, but I posted it twice in the wrong area! 🤦‍♂️

Thanks for the replies, anyway!

Back