Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

1250 Drive Shaft Flange Assembly

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

glippert

displayname
Greg Lippert
I don't see the disclaimer anymore that there are no stupid questions, so this might be one. The flange assembly that attaches to the cup on the flywheel (just outside the grass screen) has a bushing that centers the drive shaft. Should the outside of that bushing be lubed with anything? It shouldn't move independently unless the driveshaft isn't perfectly aligned, and then only a bit. Would a little white lithium or dry graphite do any harm?

20200315_121953.jpg

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
I don't see the disclaimer anymore that there are no stupid questions, so this might be one. The flange assembly that attaches to the cup on the flywheel (just outside the grass screen) has a bushing that centers the drive shaft. Should the outside of that bushing be lubed with anything? It shouldn't move independently unless the driveshaft isn't perfectly aligned, and then only a bit. Would a little white lithium or dry graphite do any harm?

View attachment 137152
Nope, it's oil impregnated. ;-) The graphite just eat into the brass, dunno for sure though. I know I wouldn't.

Latest posts