• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1250 Charging

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awilson

displayname
Aaron Wilson
I hope this is the right place to post this, but my 1250 wont charge the battery. I went through the testing procedure in the IH service manual for the K-series Kohlers. At the battery when it's running I get a reading from 0-18V and it jumps very rapidly flashing the numbers on the meter. Same when I test the B post on the regulator, I also tested AC voltage at the plug like the book stated and I had similar results there too the highest sustained voltage at half throttle was 3 but it only stayed there for half a second before jumping around more.
I might put the regulator from my 1650 on it just to see if that fixes the problem but right now I suspect the Stator. What do you guys think?
Thanks in advance,
Aaron

Aaron, this area is for posting about Refurbishing or Restoring your tractor where you'd have a series of posts showing progress and such, not general repair questions. For repair questions and general discussion the main IH Cub Cadet Forum area is the place to post. Your post will typically get more views there and thus you're more likely to get a reply or answer.
happy.gif

Okay I posted this in the Main forum. Thanks for letting me know that.

Back