• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1225 with bad transaxle??

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Brady

Hi everyone. The 1225 i just picked up i can push forward and backwards freely. Does that mean its the transaxle or could it be something else. I know on my other ones i had to press the hydro release but this one doesnt have that. Any thoughts?? Thanks. Joe

Attachments

• 5201C04D-307C-4C77-BE44-D15B56702E70.jpeg
    5201C04D-307C-4C77-BE44-D15B56702E70.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 128
Joe,

Here is a link to the Cub Cadet parts site transmission for the 1225:
https://www.cubcadet.com/en_US/cont...6ed45d/e45c7764-1453-4059-8f7d-c49640638217/y
Start with the basics:
Is it getting power from the engine?
If you turn the input shaft, does either axle turn? Does it stop if you apply a braking force, or do you have strong drive?
Do you see a weak link in the parts diagram? I see a chain, and a couple of shafts...maybe keyed? Keys can be sheared.

We have had a couple of Zero-Turns this season with bad belts to their drives. That tends to be "best case" once you find it out.

Thanks for the reply. When its running and i shift the lever the pulley on top is spinning but nothing happens. I havent pulled it out yet to split the case to check to internals. Was hoping it could be an adjustment somewhere. Lol

THe pulley on top turns. Can you see if its shaft is turning, or could the pulley have come loose from the shaft...key, set screw,...?

I'm rooting for "something easy" for you too. Nobody should have to split that case. There are lots of parts in there. And I don't mind rebuilding gearboxes at work (printing press single speed) or in my manual cars.

Well then you are capable. Good luck.

I'm not sure what that is hanging down but if it was caught in pulley it is likely it sheared the key on the input shaft...common problem....jack it up and try turning a wheel it should make the pulley turn...hold the pulley and try again.....if it slips you have your answer

I believe that model had a chain internally. It’s been some time ago, but when it was opened it had a master link that came apart

1630680176519.png
1630680176519.png

Yes. Item 57, if I can read it clearly.

Latest posts

Back