• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

122 blade

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also ended up using the mule drive bracket. I will make a pair of the frame extenders some day - I just wanted to cover up my ditch for a drain pipe and I have more dirt coming... Thanks everyone for your help. Jim is finally getting the dirty pics he wanted!🤣

Attachments

• 20210817_104553.jpg
    20210817_104553.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 83
Hey John - glad you're moving some dirt. What ever works for you to get the job done.

I did enlarge your pic to get a better look at the original U-bolt and bracket you tried to use with your lift arm. Looks to me like the U-bolt has one tip snapped off where the nut threads on, which is very common. Probably just need a new U-bolt. I did wonder if you tried to use the other one that was either home made or off the hardware store shelf.

With regard to the lift rod, I believe the original rod for a 122 and 42" front blade is 34" long (maybe it's 34.5" cause that's what CC Specialties stocks). When the blade is fully straight you would have about 4" of lift and maybe an inch or 2 drop below level. It's not very much and many guys want more lift to the blade so they shorten the lift rod to about 32". CC Specialties have both of these rods. They have really nice right angle bends on the ends, that slip fit into the connecting brackets. It's really hard to make these sharp right angles with your home torch, and end up with the correct length rod.

Thanks, I will measure the one i jury rigged together and probably order one. I couldn't use the "square" u bolt since it wouldn't fit over the lift arm. So, I bent the non original likely muffler clamp and it worked for a while then snapped off. My lift arm is about 1/4" wider then the width of the correct U bolt. That's when I gave up and put the other bracket back on. Top ubolt to narrow bottom one snapped

Attachments

• 20210814_194333.jpg
    20210814_194333.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 69
John, I’m glad to learn you got it going, and thanks for the pics. I am interested in these machines because of ground-engaging equipment. Lots of things mow.

Back