• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jharder

displayname
Jim Harder
I feel dumb asking this but here goes. Got a buddy whos son bought a 1200. Long story short it only has spark for split second once you let go of the key. I know that issues been discussed here before but I haven't found it. Any pointers?

I feel dumb asking this but here goes. Got a buddy whos son bought a 1200. Long story short it only has spark for split second once you let go of the key. I know that issues been discussed here before but I haven't found it. Any pointers?
Loose connections, bad switch, PTO switch going bad, brake safety switch underneath, rectfier loose, condenser loose.
You know the drill man.

So i went and looked at it. Now i only reported what was told to me at first. I do not know what they where doing before i got there but i walked up to it pulled the plug to check spark which it had a good one. put plug back in and started it. Sorry to have wasted space for this. but all's right in the boys 1200 world. but it was worth the drive and messing around for me after watching him have the time of his 7 year old life drive it around in the yard. Thanks again.

Jim - well, I really don't think you wasted space (or time). I have an idea that the starting problem will likely raise it's head again. Something about the PTO switch on a Quiet Line rises to the top of my suspicion list. I don't know what it is about those switches but sometimes it just takes a little wiggling, or flipping the switch on/off a couple times, and the tractor starts. Be on the look out for this switch problem raising it's head in the future.

Back