• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

12" Cat 0 Brinly Plow Refurbish

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sblunier

displayname
Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
I just dropped my 12" cat 0 off at the sand blaster.......should it get painted Brinly white/black or IH red/black (it will get pulled with my red 82 series)?????

Let's hear your opinions.....

So far I have one vote for red, one white, and one Gold Demo......
happy.gif
happy.gif

Steve B -

Since I saw your question on both threads, I'll post my answer both places, too. (Does that make it my $.04?)

I think the white/black would look sharp. There's already a lot of red on the tractor and I think the white would balance out the white wheels and decal stripes. Of course, I've been wrong a time or two before...

Kraig,

A little "old" for the vintage tractor that will be pulling it.....IH stopped using the blue in the mid-60's and went to black.

I suppose I could go the Gold Demo route.......maybe the 1572 needs gold demo paint as well???????
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Steve B. You have my volte on going demo gold with the tractor also!!!!
294559.gif
The plow and tractor would look fantastic!!! Perhaps the plow being blue and demo gold?

Steve, that was in response to Bill's post about IH implement blue.
happy.gif
I had already voted Brinly white/black and I'm sticking with that vote.
thumbsup.gif

Laid down some IH 935 white and black paint on plow today......

Assembled plow this afternoon, after I notched and sharpened the rolling cutter and painted the last few black parts this morning.

295083.jpg

295084.jpg

295085.jpg

Steve,
Nice set up. Hey I just noticed the chains on the hitch. What are they for?
1a_scratchhead.gif
To keep it stable? Do you need them?
298315.jpg

Shultzie, those would be "anti-sway chains", aka "stay chains". Helps keep things from flopping around.

SGT hitch has sway blocks built into the lower hitch frame......my hitch is a GT style hitch that uses sway chains.....

Back