• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1170 not mowing level in turns

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lhinds

displayname
Luther Ray Hinds
My sons 1170 mowes perfect except when making a turn. I have checked tire pressure,leveling cables and everything I know to check. Has anyone had experience with this? Advice would be appreciated. TIA.

Luther: I assume you've tried the "Deck Adjustment Gear" shown in Parts Look-Up for the 42" Cutting Deck Assembly. It appears to be the only adjustment available. If you've got it level side-to-side with the adjustment wheel, and you're happy with the back to front tilt (or lack of it, depending on your preference); then the only other place to look is worn parts and linkages. The wheels at the back of the deck, especially, are designed to minimize scalping in the turns. Finally, although I have my deck setup the best I can manage it, I still have to be sure to slow down in the curves, or the deck will still scalp.

Just my thoughts on the matter. Good luck with the diagnosis & repair.

He lives, about time we heard from you JC
err.gif

Thanks Chuck. I think I have figured out a lift cable has stretched on the left rear and the adjuster is not enough to compensate.

Latest posts

Back