• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

109 Wiring Harness Install

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyerkc135

IHCC Supporter
I'm about to install a new wiring harness on my Model 109, never done one before. Any "gotcha's" I should watch out for so I don't ruin something during the process. Also wondering about how long this should take, nothing has been disassembled yet - a weekend's worth of work? THANKS in advance for the help here.

Install the harness in the same location as the old one. Change the wires out...one at a time. Depending on your experience, the time may vary. My guess would 2 to 3 hrs on the average.

I always found it easiest to change the harness with the engine removed. That way you can get at those hidden clips on the frame that hold it in place, and you can make sure you've got it aligned at the correct points.

For a nice, fresh & clean install....
I'd also remove the engine and power wash everything.
Pay close attn' to the male terminals on the switches to make sure they are clean and bright as well as all the grounding points for the starter, lights (if present) and voltage regulator.

Good luck!

Thank you all for your great suggestions on this subject. I've also obtained a new wiring harness to install on my Cub Cadet 100. Does anyone have suggestions or tips for the engine removal - reinstall step to avoid problems and obtain a good result?

I meant more great suggestions and tips. hanks again!

Back