109 Wiring Harness Install

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

flyerkc135

IHCC Supporter
I'm about to install a new wiring harness on my Model 109, never done one before. Any "gotcha's" I should watch out for so I don't ruin something during the process. Also wondering about how long this should take, nothing has been disassembled yet - a weekend's worth of work? THANKS in advance for the help here.

rbedell

displayname
Roland Bedell
Install the harness in the same location as the old one. Change the wires out...one at a time. Depending on your experience, the time may vary. My guess would 2 to 3 hrs on the average.

displayname
Harry Bursell
I always found it easiest to change the harness with the engine removed. That way you can get at those hidden clips on the frame that hold it in place, and you can make sure you've got it aligned at the correct points.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
For a nice, fresh & clean install....
I'd also remove the engine and power wash everything.
Pay close attn' to the male terminals on the switches to make sure they are clean and bright as well as all the grounding points for the starter, lights (if present) and voltage regulator.

Good luck!

awoloch

displayname
Anthony N. Woloch
Thank you all for your great suggestions on this subject. I've also obtained a new wiring harness to install on my Cub Cadet 100. Does anyone have suggestions or tips for the engine removal - reinstall step to avoid problems and obtain a good result?

awoloch

displayname
Anthony N. Woloch
I meant more great suggestions and tips. hanks again!